5 Tackle-Kick (so called) 'World Cup' Farce

Chris

So, did we all enjoy the 5 tackle-kick (so called) 'World Cup' ?

Sore losers here in the antipodes - "we wuz robbed by the Pommy ref"

Sad eh!

Anyway, great to see the New Zealanders win.

In fairness, I hope they drop the "World Cup' tag in future, and have a round-robin between the nations that actually play the game at a reasonable level - you might then get a Tri-Nations tournament, or possibly one, and at a stretch, two more teams. Having said that, at least most of the competing teams this year had some knowledge of the oval ball game (be it League or Union), not like in previous tournaments when various teams from eastern Europe and elsewhere were co-opted (!) to make up numbers.

It's a bit like the Americans and their "World Series" baseball, or Australia's "World Series" cricket (although they do, at least get international teams in that Tri-Nations event.)

Now - bring on the real WORLD CUP.

Thanks Gary - and thanks for the help in reminding me of my login. It's an age thing! Bit of a worry really. :(

Which World Cup? Well, I did mean Football, but I take your point, so I'll stick Rugby Union in there too. Cricket? well .................. suppose so, but DEFINATELY NOT Rugby League. OK?

Thanks Gary - and thanks for the help in reminding me of my login. It's an age thing! Bit of a worry really. :(

Which World Cup? Well, I did mean Football, but I take your point, so I'll stick Rugby Union in there too. Cricket? well .................. suppose so, but DEFINATELY NOT Rugby League. OK?

Rugby Union is just about as poor. 4 teams can win it, the rest make up the numbers. They're trying to emulate football, but it can;t be done, neither code is a 'world' game, so trying to big up these tournaments just doesn't work