Manager Update

Paul Moore

Hiya All,

I thought I would give you all an update.

Its a shame football is such a fickle place, but as i know to well, football has little friends, its a results driven business.

Its fair to say, you cant please everyone, some are saying sack me, others are saying this is the best squad we have ever had at town. I dont really take much notice on any of those counts, what is important is have we improved over the year we have been working at town? Thats a very open ended question, because my job is not just the 1st team, I am responsible for the reserves and youth team set ups, I am also responsible for watching games for new players, as well as looking after the lads we already have. So my answer to that is yes we have improved.

I say that because we have progressed further in both FA competitions this season than last. We are still in all three other cup competitions unlike last season, gates are up by 50 people on average to last season and although we are not flying in the league, i dont believe we will finish were we are, and that has been mentioned by most of the managers in our league when we have spoken. We have introduced 6 1st team players who reside in Warrington. The reserves doing very well and we are seeing lads coming from them into the 1st team set up, Danny Toone, Matty Pithers, Matt Harrison. We are also seeing the youth team doing well with lads looking likely to make the step up.

There are always going to be doubters, poeple who like to have a say, when really they do not have a clue whats going on at the club. Ex players never like it when they are told they can leave, and all this adds to the stresses and strains of being a non-league manager.

As far as I am concerned the club is moving in the right direction off the field and now for the 1st time in a long time on it too. I can only think that these ex players and others who are pouring scorne on me, my staff, the board and more importantly the players, are jealous of the success that Warrington will enjoy in the future, and believe me, it wont be long.

It takes 18mths to establish a side that has an understanding, and ability to compete and become winners at any club. Lets just look at Sir Alex, or Rafa for that. It goes at any level, time, effort, patience, and committment. You need them all, and thankfully we now have all that at town.

If Mr tyrer or any other person wishes to discuss any issues within the club set up, or team, my mobile number is 07976953547, I am more than willing to put the record striaght.

On the playing front, I am pleased we won our trophy replay, we are now only 1 step away from rd 1.

I have released Dave Thompson, John Dillon and Brian Holmes, all players I would like to thank for their efforts at town and wish them all the best in their careers going forward.

I am looking to strenghten the squad next week with a couple of signings and i will update you when this is completed.

Thanks again for your support hope to see a great turn out at saturday we owe them big style.

Paul moore

Thanks for the update, I know the true fans and those BTG appreciate it. We all need to work together, for success to be achieved, and as gateman, kitman and choir leader!!!, I can see the improvement that has been made throughout the club and look forward to more. Everyone is entitled to a gripe now and again, I am the first to admit that I do, but to try and de-stablise things is wrong.

Keep improving things and the support will grow, to what a Town of this size deserves. Great to see Matty Pithers and Danny Toone coming through to the first team squad, I'm sure they will go on to be first team regulars in years to come.

Keep up the good work, and we will keep up the volume BTG

Pie 8)

Hiya All,

Its a shame football is such a fickle place, but as i know to well, football has little friends, its a results driven business.

Its fair to say, you cant please everyone, some are saying sack me, others are saying this is the best squad we have ever had at town. I dont really take much notice on any of those counts, what is important is have we improved over the year we have been working at town? Thats a very open ended question, because my job is not just the 1st team, I am responsible for the reserves and youth team set ups, I am also responsible for watching games for new players, as well as looking after the lads we already have. So my answer to that is yes we have improved.

I say that because we have progressed further in both FA competitions this season than last. We are still in all three other cup competitions unlike last season, gates are up by 50 people on average to last season and although we are not flying in the league, i dont believe we will finish were we are, and that has been mentioned by most of the managers in our league when we have spoken. We have introduced 6 1st team players who reside in Warrington. The reserves doing very well and we are seeing lads coming from them into the 1st team set up, Danny Toone, Matty Pithers, Matt Harrison. We are also seeing the youth team doing well with lads looking likely to make the step up.

There are always going to be doubters, poeple who like to have a say, when really they do not have a clue whats going on at the club. Ex players never like it when they are told they can leave, and all this adds to the stresses and strains of being a non-league manager.

As far as I am concerned the club is moving in the right direction off the field and now for the 1st time in a long time on it too. I can only think that these ex players and others who are pouring scorne on me, my staff, the board and more importantly the players, are jealous of the success that Warrington will enjoy in the future, and believe me, it wont be long.

It takes 18mths to establish a side that has an understanding, and ability to compete and become winners at any club. Lets just look at Sir Alex, or Rafa for that. It goes at any level, time, effort, patience, and committment. You need them all, and thankfully we now have all that at town.

If Mr tyrer or any other person wishes to discuss any issues within the club set up, or team, my mobile number is 07976953547, I am more than willing to put the record striaght.

On the playing front, I am pleased we won our trophy replay, we are now only 1 step away from rd 1.

I have released Dave Thompson, John Dillon and Brian Holmes, all players I would like to thank for their efforts at town and wish them all the best in their careers going forward.

I am looking to strenghten the squad next week with a couple of signings and i will update you when this is completed.

Thanks again for your support hope to see a great turn out at saturday we owe them big style.

Paul moore

thats a very poor snipe paul. dont think because someone disagrees with you or your performance that you can ostracize them or cast them out as someone hasnt got the clubs best interests at heart. you have a cheek to insinuate that because a fan doesnt tow the party line that they arent a real fan.

my turn for a low snipe...no surprise about that player being released is there? brush it under the carpet so no one knows?

Hiya All,

Paul moore

Paul I am not going to pull your comments to bits unlike some on here. My personal belief is the results and watchin the progress of the team will substantiate your comments. Forget the cups runs these come along now and again, these provide short term hapiness for us fans. Its the league is the PRIORITY for me. I dont want the end of the season to come and us languish in the bottom half. And only have a trophy run to show for the season (now if you get to wembley then i may have a change of mind).

Anyway good luck and see you tomoz.

Karl

are jealous of the success that Warrington will enjoy in the future

Would someone explain how it is possible to be jealous about something that hasn't and may not happen? :?

Eagle - hope to see you at tomorrow's game and you may find out then! :wink:

I suppose what the new people involved at the club are trying to say is there have been big improvements at the club which for some reason others may be "jealous" of because they are no longer part of the plan for a variety of reasons.

Back stabbing snidy remarks doesn't help create a Team Warrington philosphy and if people resort to those kind of gutter tactics the club is well rid of them.

As far as I am concerned I am extremely proud of what has been achieved at the club over the past 18 months although I sometimes wonder what I have let myself in for! :roll:

Unfortunately I can not influence results but together with my fellow directors we can hopefully provide the stability and spring board for greater times in the future for Warrington as a club and a town - bringing opportunities for players, coaches, fans, local businesses, the local economy and much more.

Would someone explain how it is possible to be jealous about something that hasn't and may not happen? :?

I suppose what the new people involved at the club are trying to say is there have been big improvements at the club which for some reason others may be "jealous" of because they are no longer part of the plan for a variety of reasons.

Back stabbing snidy remarks doesn't help create a Team Warrington philosphy and if people resort to those kind of gutter tactics the club is well rid of them.

As far as I am concerned I am extremely proud of what has been achieved at the club over the past 18 months although I sometimes wonder what I have let myself in for! :roll:

Unfortunately I can not influence results but together with my fellow directors we can hopefully provide the stability and spring board for greater times in the future for Warrington as a club and a town - bringing opportunities for players, coaches, fans, local businesses, the local economy and much more.

Gary there will always be the fair share of people who will snipe in the background thats life. We can all see the good effort you have put in the past 18 months, we have seen a great change in how the club is run both on and off the pitch. I personally have been watching town on / off for the last 24 years and have seen a lot of good football on the pitch. Both being proud of going to wembley in the Vase and enjoying the derek brownbill years of early 90's. We need to have a good debate between the fans expecially on this forum. The people who have been snipin are on here for the short term just like Paul Moore No1 fan (remember that one). Hopefully the banter we can have on here will be somewhat more good natured in the future once these people have left.

On another note i dont think people who are on here are trying to undermine what good work you and the team are doing but showing some reflection towards Paul and his management track record. They have some good points about how he does not have a proven track record; this is from the fact of the team and yourself having aspirations to get to the football league in the next five years. Personally myself on my business plan for the team i would be employing some from a higher tier who can get us out of this league and its not in for a shock when playing teams of better quality of the league above. Furthermore, i would employ a couple of seasoned vetrons from the conference who we can build the current team around a spine to be frank. (we have this with Tom at the back; but nothing in midfield or upfront). This is only my opinion and i am sure everyone of the 100 plus fans who watch the team have a different one to mine.

See you tomoz

Karl :wink:

my turn for a low snipe...no surprise about that player being released is there? brush it under the carpet so no one knows?

I think well done to the manager for posting comments and making himself a target on this forum.

As for the released player, well I know nothing of it as a casual and rare visitor to Cantilever, but surely the fact he's posted it isn't brushing it under the carpet? :?

They have some good points about how he does not have a proven track record; this is from the fact of the team and yourself having aspirations to get to the football league in the next five years. Personally myself on my business plan for the team i would be employing some from a higher tier who can get us out of this league and its not in for a shock when playing teams of better quality of the league above. Furthermore, i would employ a couple of seasoned vetrons from the conference who we can build the current team around a spine to be frank. (we have this with Tom at the back; but nothing in midfield or upfront). This is only my opinion and i am sure everyone of the 100 plus fans who watch the team have a different one to mine.

See you tomoz

Karl :wink:

Karl

I have already admitted that football league (or even conference) was an unrealistic goal.

If you can help us find a benefactor who can help us employ said seasoned professionals please pass on their details.

Once you can put an extra zero on the 100 plus regulars we can start to really achieve something. Until then we walk before we run.

Juyst look at how many non-league and professional clubs are starting to crumble during the current credit crunch.

Warrington Town does not want to become another sad statistic!