1 cup flour

3 eggs

Ingredients for Glaze:

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 to 2 tablespoons warm water or milk

(Chopped nuts - this is optional)

Heat oven to 350?F. Place 1 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup softened butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until it looks likes coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over mixture; toss with fork. Sometimes you need another tablespoon of water.

Gather pastry into a ball; divide in half. Pat each half into as large rectangle as possible, make sure they are at least 3 inches apart on un greased cookie sheet. Set aside.

Then in a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water to rolling boil; remove from heat. Quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; then take it off the heat. I set it on a pad on the counter top then I add the eggs; beat until smooth. Spread half of the topping over each pastry.

Bake about 45 minutes to an 1 hour or until topping is lightly brown; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.

In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients except nuts until smooth and spreadable. Spread over top of pastry and let sit.

This can be put in the refrigerator for up to a week and it still will be good. Although I have to say I generally make this a day ahead of time then slice it and set it out and its gone by the end of an evening.

Healthy eating, isn't a "diet" Tilly; although it has that effect. :wink: Eating is fuel for energy, if you don't use energy "burning off those calories", you need less fuel, and certainly less of the high calorie variety. :shock: The Romans had a method of enjoying the tastes of food by binge eating at their festivals, whilst avoiding the problems of obesity - they had vomitariums! :wink: