Pub Refurbishment ??

Bill

While I was away, I heard the Rope & Anchor had re-opened so last night I nipped in to check it out while Mrs Green was watching all her TV catch ups.

If they paid someone £500,000 for that amount of work then someone had them over because other than redecorating and a few bits and bobs, the place is virtually the same.

There was little choice as to where to sit because most of the tables were now set out for eating. In the past, if people wanted to eat then the staff would bring out the cutlery but now most of the pub is a no-go area if you’re only there for a drink. We used to go to the General Elliot at Croft for our Friday pint until they did a similar thing and that place seemed to have lost all its regular customers as a result.

I was always amazed that the price of a pint of JW Lees bitter was always more expensive in Woolston than it was in the upmarket London Bridge at Stockton Heath. Before the upgrade I seem to remember the price being £3.60 but now the price seems to have gone up to £3.95. I don’t get much pocket money these days so just as well I never have more than two pints.

Better I suppose than another pub closing but I reckon we’ll be making the Horseshoe at Croft our permanent Friday night venue from now on.

Bill 😊

• 3 weeks later...