Do no harm !

Dose anyone know of a Doctor having to use food banks ?    Whilst I can understand the needs of the higher paid to preserve differentials, at a time of a cost of living crisis and high inflation, surely we need to look at priorities ?   Perhaps we should look at flat rate pay rises, which gives more to the lowest paid and saves them from abject poverty ?      :unsure:

considering the amount of training they have to go through to even qualify they are worth the money. a doctor, especially in a hospital can be working for twenty or so hours per shift or even longer.

How many politicians have to go through a similar process and they get a lot more than doctors and one heck of a lot more than nurses.

so maybe we should look to cutting back on politicians pay and giving it to nurses and doctors

Your last sentence goes without saying, but back to the Doctors.  I don't dispute the levels of training and study required,  but would note that is paid for by the tax=payer, with no guarantee that the Doctor will not leave the Country, taking those skills with them.   In this recent dispute, an "independent" pay advisory body recommended a figure which the Doctors have refused, opting for a rise of 35%,  which imo is ridiculous in the context of the current cost of living crisis and inflation.     :rolleyes:

On 10/2/2023 at 9:14 AM, Observer II said:

Dose anyone know of a Doctor having to use food banks ?    Whilst I can understand the needs of the higher paid to preserve differentials, at a time of a cost of living crisis and high inflation, surely we need to look at priorities ?   Perhaps we should look at flat rate pay rises, which gives more to the lowest paid and saves them from abject poverty ?      :unsure:

Look at the Pay rises of Mps for the last 10 years, and then compare it with Doctors, only one has gone down in real terms, I wonder which one!!!