Drone Attack???

Bill

I don’t know what others think, but that alleged drone attack on the Kremlin looked all a bit iffy to me. If the Ukrainians had sent the drone, it would have had to fly a long way, right through Russian radar and air defences without detection which is highly unlikely.

It appeared to be a small aircraft device rather than a missile so if it came from the Ukraine then given the distances involved and the likely speed, of the drone, it’d have been in Russian airspace for several hours giving ample time for it to be intercepted. If that had been done though, there’d be no chance for dramatic assassination headlines.

Bill 😊

Probably a false flag operation by the Russians themselves;  as the explosive was minimal - but I wonder why they needed to do it; which raises questions about their political morale.   However,  with the long awaited Ukrainian offensive about to start, we should see a dramatic change in the situation.   The Ukrainians will no doubt be repulsed;  which will then signal the Russian "big arrow" offensive on Kiev and Odessa, in the Summer.     :unsure:

I think your right about the possibility of a false flag opperation. If it was a genuine attempt to destroy the building then it'd take more than what seemed little more than a firework. I've just heard on the mid day news that they're now accusing America of organising the "attack" now that's a surprise. 😄

I could understand it if the Russians were palnning some kind of large scale attack and wanted it to appear to their people as just retaliation. Oddly enough, one western analist suggested it might be part of a plan to actually withdraw troops form the war zone in order to protect the public. I can't see that, as boots on the ground won't do much if attacks are comming from the air.

Bill :) 

As I said, unless there is some sense of political instabilty in the Kremlin, and Putin is noted for being paranoid;  I can't see the point in this.   As it stands, the Russians have killed over 250,000 Ukrainian troops with their meat grinder tactics,  and any Ukrainian offensive would be the last throw of the dice for them.   The Russian reserves, not yet committed are around 200,000 and will be commited to a major offensive in the Summer when the ground has dried.    :unsure:

There's clearly some bizarre developments on both sides of this war;  first we've had the threat of the Wagner commander to withdraw his troops from the battle, which in the Soviet era would have meant death by firing squad. A Russian General may be replacing the current prima-donna,  but this General of logistics was sacked from his previous role, for allegedly  selling tank engines to foreign buyers !  The use of this "private company" as part of the Russian Army is a strange use of mercenary units in modern warfare, but their use as a kind of forlorn hope has no doubt been useful to-date.   On the Ukrainian side, it seems they've produced a postage stamp, like they did with the Kerch bridge attack, to celebrate the attack on the Kremlin, so an admission that it was an attack, for propaganda purposes, by Ukrainian special forces operating inside Russia.  The master mind behind these ventures appears to be the hard line General of Military Intelligence,  who appears to be a political threat to Zelinski.   This area of the World seems to be so full of corruption, that intrigue levels seem to resemble Russian dolls.   :rolleyes: