Putting Krankie in her box -

Observer II

I've heard the Gov is considering a "Referendum Bill", that would specify the required criteria for calling a Referendum on Scottish Independence.   Roughly, it would require 50% plus one of the total eligible electorate to qualify as a yes for Independence.  Well it's taken long enough imo, I thought a two thirds majority would do the trick and be in line with normal constitutional conventions. However, either way, a high bar would simply put the whole issue of IndyRef to bed permanently, and see the end of Krankie and the SNP.  Just hope the Gov actually does it.     😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, as expected, the Supreme Court has ruled in favour of the UKs right to deny another referendum for Scottish Independence, which as left Krankie claiming that the next General Election in Scotland will represent an Indy vote.   They rattle on about democracy and the will of the people, but the will of "the people" through an election is merely the will of those that actually vote;  so if votes for the SNP don't exceed 50% of those entitled to vote in an election, it can't be considered a majority.  Time the UK Gov brought in a Referendum Bill that would put this issue to bed, and in the meantime carried out an audit of SNP financial management to see where all the money from English taxpayers through Barnet payments is actually being spent, against a background of cuts in their public services.    😠

• 2 weeks later...

I see the little guy’s given up and thrown the towel in now there’s no chance of a referendum. Can’t say I’m sorry to see him go as he wasted so much time at pmq with his long-winded speeches that nobody was interested in. I allways got the feeling that he just liked to hear himself talk.

Bill 😊