Police fear crime wave -

Observer II

With the looming poverty epidemic this Winter, Police Forces are preparing for a spike in criminal activity, if not full scale rioting.   I'm sure the would be criminals will be detered by a line of riot Police doing the Maccarena and using the correct pro-nouns; so I guess we're safe.     😉

8 hours ago, Observer II said:

a line of riot Police doing the Maccarena

I think they call it community policing obs.

must be better than a line of riot police putting their equipment to the use it was intended for. tear gas, pepper sprays, tasers and the ever popular baton.

if you want to point the finger of blame how about the expenses of the mp's second homes, no gas or electric bills as they can claim that back with enough left over to pay for their first homes bills and a small holiday on some sun drenched private beach when it gets a bit chillier. that is where the biggest crime wave is. according to some.

Think it depends on which "community" we're talking about Sid, and in the case of rioting, you've got a headless monster bent on destruction;  so I doubt rainbow coloured police cars and the maccarena quite does it.    Well, the finger of blame imo does fall squarely on our politicians for getting us into this position in the first place, but we vote for them on the basis of the least worse option, so are also culpable.   :rolleyes: