Motorway Noise

Bill

Something quite weird happened his morning when I went out for my morning leg stretch at 6.30 am. There was a loud noise that I initially though was a plane but in fact turned out to be the motorway.

I’ve lived here in Paddington for sixteen years now and I can usually hear some motorway noise despite being 1.7 miles away. I met another man out walking and instead of the normal morning greeting, he said “Are you hearing that?” so it wasn’t just my imagination, it was seriously loud.

There was barely a breath of wind to carry the sound so I can only assume there was some other freaky weather phenomena causing it.

It’s 8 o’clock now and I can still hear it sitting typing this indoors.

Weird.

Bill 😊

it is surprising how sound travels at times.

Sunday was usually quiet with just the odd car noise on the main road and the peal of bells from the various churches. you could sometimes hear the announcements from bank quay station as well.

At present i am lucky if i can hear the tv, need to get my right ear looked at. not aching but seems to be clogged with wax..."i heard that..pardon?"

Otex express is what you need Sid. It’s stronger than their normal stuff and crackles and pops in your ear like you’ve poured a bowl of Rice Crispies down it.

I use it every few weeks otherwise I have enough wax to start a candle factory.

Bill 😊

funny thing bill, i was at the chemist yesterday to pick up my pills and potions and asked about something to ease the wax. they suggested olive oil or contacting my gp and get them jet washed or whatever it is they do.

Only recently that it has started in my right ear. given that i have arthritis in my right hip and possibly right shoulder i am beginning to wonder if my right side is shutting down until repairs can be carried out......🥴

• Haha 1

Yes I've tried the olive oil and it works but can take weeks for it to soften and dissolve enough for it wash itself out, but even then it might end up with a trip to the docs to get it flushed out. The Otex express drops normally gets rid of mine within a few days. I put the drops in one ear at a time while lying down and it frizzes like mad for about ten minutes, then turn over and let it run out onto a tissue. As the volume of wax decreases the amount of frizzing gets less. It's a bit more expensive than the ordinary drops but having tried them all I found this one to be the best.  

As for the shutting down bit, I've just had to take my car in for a simple electrical repair that under normal circumstances I'd have had no problem with but my right wrist and fingers are so painful I though it best to let someone else do it. It's getting to be a right pain arm. 

Bill :)