Suicide blonde ?....

Davy51

Having been on my jollies for a few days i have missed a few of the manifesto intentions of our parliamentary leviathans ,i have in fact only caught the back end of the means testing of pensioners' winter fuel allowances. I must be honest & say that i have my doubts over the sincerity of the May government to deliver Brexit with the self imposed obstructions they are placing in the way of their electability. Has Theresa bottled it i wonder ? I hope not as i had her pencilled in as a great PM in terms of historical records.

Given the track record of our current crop of ex-MP's i wouldn't trust them to deliver a morning paper let alone brexit.

From the current manifesto's it seem that no party really wants to be elected and have to deal with brexit. whether they don't have the confidence to broker a good deal or whether it is because they don't want to go down in political history as the party that made a right porridge of brokering a deal is as yet unclear.

probably the best outcome would be a completely hung parliament if we can find enough rope.:rolleyes:

You could have a point there Dave; cynical though it may be.  As they all twitter on about "a deal"; the elephant in the room is the fact that the EU can't give us anything like a "good" deal, in relation to the rest; otherwise what's the point of them staying in the EU ?   Add to this, that each of the 27 has to agree the terms; leaves it wide open to blackmail demands, EG Spain on Gibraltar, Poland on their migrants etc.  So if we're to retain some self respect and avoid humiliation, it looks like "no deal" will be the best option imo.  So which Party is prepared to take us to a "no deal" scenario ?       :ph34r:

Another factor that may be at work is the last minute registering of over 2million on the electoral register.  Unlikely to be grumpy Leave voters, so perhaps Jeremy's Red Guards are trawling the Universities to reel in the lefty luvvie vote, as they did with the Labour leadership vote !    :ph34r:

• Upvote 1