Loud Bangs last night.....

Bazj

Read on FB this morning that some people were woken up around the Bewsey area after hearing a couple of loud bangs; liked to gunshots or small explosions last night.....

did anyone else hear them?

No but then again I'm not near Bewsey. 
When I went to bed at 1.30am they was a weird constant droning noise coming from somewhere in the direction of the town though (ie north of the ship canal in the distance).
It was really annoying so I closed my window.

The bangs have been occurring periodically,usually late at night, during the last few weeks. Some clowns think it amusing to set off fireworksin the early hours. Today I noticed an empty firework case on the road near the Maltings pub in Old Hall.  The future of England sometimes congregates on the lawn local to Bewsey Old Hall so I suspect they would have more information on the subject ? The noise Dizzy referred to might have been the coppers in the sky !!

No but then again I'm not near Bewsey. 

When I went to bed at 1.30am they was a weird constant droning noise coming from somewhere in the direction of the town though (ie north of the ship canal in the distance).

It was really annoying so I closed my window.

Yep I thought it was odd; a very low hum for want of a better word  :?:

Yes that's a good way to describe it.  I'm sure it wasn't a police helicopter as I know what they sound like and it was different.

As for the loud bangs a 'guest' commented yesterday at 2.46pm saying that they heard the bangs too (they clicked 'report' and typed their comments in there... probably not realising what the 'report' button is actually for and that only Admin see them). 

They said

"Yes I heard 4 bangs that woke me up 11.30 last night & set off next doors dog! I thought the same, it didn't sound like a firework or thunder noise more of a gun shot or explosion. my kids slept though it, never heard a thing?"