WINWICK ROAD

RingoDave

I have just seen the report on the Feb 10th closure of Winwick Road when turning right from Long Lane. The proposed diversion appears to be Winwick Road, Lythgoes Lane, Cockhedge Roundabout, Lythgoes Lane, Winwick Road.

Is it just me that can't see how this will work?

I come, on most working nights from the Padgate area, along Long Lane to head to Haydock. I certainly don't intend to go anywhere near Lythgoes Lane.

Monday was a nightmare...

I was only coming back from the Pink Eye Roundabout way with a couple of little detours to make and they were setting up roadworks on Sankey Street, then like you say Obs Battersby Lane was completely closed so had to go the other way then coming down Chester Road towatds the swing bridge near the Stag Pub Walton they had temporary lights just after the bridge on the bend so everything was backing up.   That's still there too but intermittently so no idea what they are doing and why they are diggin the side area up.

As for Winwick Road Ringo..... that's going to cause some headaches and wasn't it down to one lane again last week (maybe still is) cos of roadworks there again too.  Is it all part of the same job as they seem to be forever working on Winwick Road these days and have been since they changed it all.

Roadworks still on Wilderspool Causeway by the way.  Centre of road cordoned off from Morrisons to Gainsborough Road junction. 

Think they are doing more utilities work for the new 'new' houses near there again.  Big hole :) 

Not really causing to much of a headache though considering.

• 3 weeks later...

Well - I shall find out tomorrow evening as I am on shift at 21.30 in Haydock, yet again. I haven't seen Winwick Road down to one lane during my commutes, but it is two narrow lanes at all times - not good when you travel at the same time as all the Royal Mail articulated wagons!

They also seem to have wasted their time and money with the 30 mph signs as very few take any notice of the 40 mph ones anyway! I'm always glad I drive a decent sized van these days and leave my bike at home.