Where are these horses now?

Geoffrey Settle

can you not prosecute the so called owner for neglect? It is sad to see animals treated that way Geoff and I'm sure if it was a "normal" person they would have been dragged into court by now and the horses sent to a sanctuary somewhere

I agree with Baz, except with the prosecution part, whoever is responsible should be horsewhipped and then tied to the back of a horse and dragged at speed along a gravel road on their back :evil: .

I agree with Baz, except with the prosecution part, whoever is responsible should be horsewhipped and then tied to the back of a horse and dragged at speed along a gravel road on their back :evil: .

I would have put something similar Algy; but I have to watch what I say on here these days :lol:

I will ask that question at the net G & T meeting which will be include the issue of fly-grazing.

In the meantime a number of horses charities have contacted me - here is one of their Facebook Site detailing a recent prosecution. They are not travellers horses but the horses were left in a field in winter without water etc and it shows that without care horses health can detecline.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/WorldHorseWelfare?hc_location=stream

Geoff...

On the North West (BBC) news earlier tonight it mentioned a programme being aired on Monday 9th Sept (7.30 pm) called 'Inside Out' featuring an animal rescue centre in Blackpool who are involved in trying to save abandoned and neglected horses.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the organisation or the farm and can't find it by google. 

Dizz, is this the place you meant:-

http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/farm/penny-farm

Penny Farm, our centre in Lancashire, is located near to Blackpool and is a great day out for all the family. We are open all year (on Wednesdays, Bank Holidays and weekends) and have a packed programme of events during school holidays. See our upcoming events on the top right of this page. - See more at: http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/farm/penny-farm#sthash.EXSVFFhM.dpuf

Where are we?

The entrance to Penny Farm is situated on the A583, Preston New Road, near Peel Corner, Blackpool, FY4 5JS.

Our address is: World Horse Welfare Penny Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, Preston New Road, Blackpool, FY4 5JS.

Follow the brown tourist signs from the M55.

Stagecoach bus service X61

Admission FREE

- See more at: http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/farm/penny-farm#sthash.EXSVFFhM.dpuf

That's the one thanks Algy.  I knew it began with 'P' but couldn't remember the actual name.

Looking at your links though maybe they just deal with really ill and neglected horses and the ones in Geoff's pics look really healthy compared to some of the very sad neglected cases they deal with.

I guess it wont help that Geoff's horse are probably not micro chipped and don't have horse passports either for rehoming purposes(maybe they do though but he hasn't said)... or that they have an owner who is seemingly beyond the arm of the law :( 

Ahh well but anything is worth a try IMO.

Hi thanks Dizzy/Algy - yes I saw Diane 'O' advertise the North West programme and the World Horse Welfare have posted on the WNCF Facebook Site about the issues - so we are in contact with each other. The horses shown in the clip from the show look in really bad shape when they are rescued by the organisation and rest assured the ones at Houghton Green Pool SINC are not in that state yet!. They are however now EIGHT in number and somone has nailed shut the footpath gate. The farmer has also dug a trench to presumeably stop traveller Joe from getting more of traveller Vinny's horses on to his land.

DSCF8973_zps4d19baf3.jpg

DSCF8994_zps9ecc9434.jpg