Great win and great support

Gary

I just like to say a big thank you to all the loyal Wire fans who travelled over to New Mills today - great support and hopefully you all enjoyed a great performance.

Hope you can all turn out for the Curzon game on Tuesday and get your family and friends along!

I just like to say a big thank you to all the loyal Wire fans who travelled over to New Mills today - great support and hopefully you all enjoyed a great performance.

Hope you can all turn out for the Curzon game on Tuesday and get your family and friends along!

Gary, Cruel not to give the result!!!!!!!!! Town 6 - 1 New Mills. Great result and well done the Town.

I was at Curzon instead today, who won 4-1. Tony Evans got 1 or 2 as well.

I assume that we have got round our problems of turning possession into attacks in the dangerous areas then?

If so, depending on how good our defence is (Not seen enough to comment), I can see the game on Tuesday being quite high scoring. We both look like teams who score for fun right now.

(Not seen enough to comment),

Doesn't normally stop you from commenting/tweeting/spouting complete and utter nonsense!

:oops:

How on earth you can call yourself a WireWarrior when you go and follow Curzon instead of the team you are supposed to support? :blink:

Will you be cheering them on tomorrow as well? :unsure:

Doesn't normally stop you from commenting/tweeting/spouting complete and utter nonsense!

:oops:

How on earth you can call yourself a WireWarrior when you go and follow Curzon instead of the team you are supposed to support? :blink:

Will you be cheering them on tomorrow as well? :unsure:

I don't follow Curzon, I went to watch them once becuase I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of going to Derbyshire. I am supporting Warrington tomorrow, chill :)

Yes, I am aware the two clubs have history, but I don't see why that means I can't watch Curzon as a one-off.

I don't see why you think I follow Curzon now to be honest.

Isn't it a shame that a message from the top thanking people from their support has descended into an argument :(

Back to the initial topic, very much looking forward to tonight's game. Two seemingly good teams will hopefully play a very entertaining game of football :)

• Upvote 1

Also Robocop, in reply to your original comment again. The games I've been to watch us this season (Every home game so far, apart from 2 games in Pre-season and the match on the 18th) hadn't shown enough for me to comment on our defence, because the majority of the play went our way.

I didn't mean that I hadn't been to any games, because I have been to the majority of them, I just meant that I haven't seen enough of our defence to say how good it is.

Isn't it a shame that a message from the top thanking people from their support has descended into an argument :(

Agreed, especially considering my original comment which started this argument was actually praising the fact that we'd started turning attacks into chances and nothing to do with the fact I'm apparently now a Curzon fan, which has been pulled out of thin air, which someone decided to use to reply to my comment anyway.

Brilliant performance again today. 2nd half could have been a lot better and we were maybe lucky in the end, but a brilliant first half helped us get the points there.

Curzon and New Mills were 2 of the teams predicted by a lot of fans to do well pre-season, Curzon in particular, so beating both of them, and scoring 9 goals in the process, will definitely help us to be seen as a force in this league now.

If we can play consistently now, play-offs are looking certain and maybe a challenge to do even better. We have had a great start and with our team still being formed, that can only get better.

Only problem I noticed is that our defence doesn't seem perfect, but so far it hasn't been costly and it can be worked on, so it is nothing major so far. They did a brilliant job of keeping us in it during the second half though.

It definitely seems mid-table to lower play-off standard, but maybe we should be aiming for better.

Only problem I noticed is that our defence doesn't seem perfect, but so far it hasn't been costly and it can be worked on, so it is nothing major so far. They did a brilliant job of keeping us in it during the second half though.

It definitely seems mid-table to lower play-off standard, but maybe we should be aiming for better.

I can't believe how you can turn such a positive into a negative in the same post!

Town have played five competitive games - scored 13 goals and conceded 4!

They have played two of the most free scoring teams in the league who have been scoring for fun, are unbeaten and fifth in the league with a game in hand on some clubs.

It has been a fantastic start to the season, totally consistent and better than any one could have hoped for with a brand new team stilllearning to play together.

If you are truly a fan, stop spouting utter nonsense in half of your posts!

I can't believe how you can turn such a positive into a negative in the same post!

Town have played five competitive games - scored 13 goals and conceded 4!

They have played two of the most free scoring teams in the league who have been scoring for fun, are unbeaten and fifth in the league with a game in hand on some clubs.

I take it you are deciding to ignore the fact I also said "They did a brilliant job of keeping us in it during the second half" then?

I said they look like a good defence, but not one of the better defences in our league, but they are certainly a good defence.

The defence is certainly good enough to help us challenge for the play-offs, and our great front line should hopefully solidify those chances.

It has been a fantastic start to the season, totally consistent and better than any one could have hoped for with a brand new team stilllearning to play together.

Almost word for word what I said in my post. Nice to see you agree with some of my utter nonsense then.

And if you don't mind, can you stop twisting my words for the sake of an argument please?

Most of my post was praising the team, if you didn't realise.