Jungle drums beating!!!

theinsider

Good news, but not surprised. The manager has had a chance to analyse the squad and now knows what he needs.

Good timing by the board in making the changes as there was no way they would have reached the play-offs anyway.

A Warrington Town fan who is a realist - now that is refreshing.

Shame some of the others on here who have hung me out to dry in the past can't take off the blinkers.

The team has under achieved for a long time now and those of us looking from a far, who realise the potential, have been frustrated by the lack of movement on the pitch compared to the great work off it which has made the club one of the best in non league football at this level.

Chorley were in similar shape three years ago and look at them now - amazing what a decent manager can achieve. :roll:

The jungle drums in non league football are already beating - and I have heard some whispers that Warrington Town Fc are going to make some signings which will be a massive surprise for many of you!

:blink:

You've also said this (about the managers job):

I've heard a whisper along the grapevine that they have had applications from people with international experience and loads with football league experience! :blink:

We then ended up with a manager who's only had 3 months managerial experience (at Prescot...)

• Upvote 1

We will be making signings, that is obvious and not really a massive surprise.

I am expecting one or two who played for Swindon or Plymouth Youth Teams while Reid was there but eventually got released, but that is just guesswork.

But as long as we don't sign anyone else from Prescot Cables, I am fine with whoever we do sign.

He could sign his brother Peter and put some bite into the team.

A point to remember. You don't put off making unpopular decisions, just because you like the guy and we are doing ok, because we are not fighting relegation.

Paul Moores was a nice guy as well.

You've also said this (about the managers job):

We then ended up with a manager who's only had 3 months managerial experience (at Prescot...)

Whispers and reality are two different things!

The fact is the club now has a "proper footballer" with lots of coaching experience and qualifications and a contacts book second to none.

I have heard from my sources that he fully expects the sack if he doesn't achieve promotion next season! :shock:

Whispers and reality are two different things!

The fact is the club now has a "proper footballer" with lots of coaching experience and qualifications and a contacts book second to none.

I have heard from my sources that he fully expects the sack if he doesn't achieve promotion next season! :shock:

Reid said that himself at the supporters meeting a few weeks back.

We will be making signings, but only time will tell if they are as good as you say they are.

---------

How do we know that Reid actually does have decent contacts, by the way? He played in the Football League, but that doesn't mean we will get players from the clubs he played for or anything, does it? At most, this will get us is former youth players from clubs he's coached at (Swindon and Plymouth) but they are on the other side of the country so that's pretty unlikely. And I doubt he's in contact with 'La Masia'. This stuff about his contacts is a bit over the top.

It is his reputation of playing in the football league which will get us players, not his contacts. People on here are just assuming because he played for a bunch of teams in League 2 he will have a lot of contacts. I don't get the logic?

A couple of players who flopped in the conference is all I'm expecting, and they are quite common in this league to be honest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reid said that himself at the supporters meeting a few weeks back.

We will be making signings, but only time will tell if they are as good as you say they are.

---------

How do we know that Reid actually does have decent contacts, by the way? He played in the Football League, but that doesn't mean we will get players from the clubs he played for or anything, does it? At most, this will get us is former youth players from clubs he's coached at (Swindon and Plymouth) but they are on the other side of the country so that's pretty unlikely. And I doubt he's in contact with 'La Masia'. This stuff about his contacts is a bit over the top.

It is his reputation of playing in the football league which will get us players, not his contacts. People on here are just assuming because he played for a bunch of teams in League 2 he will have a lot of contacts. I don't get the logic?

A couple of players who flopped in the conference is all I'm expecting, and they are quite common in this league to be honest.

but also he use to be a football agent so maybe that where some of his contacts are

• Upvote 1

isn't his brother PETER REID! Wouldn't mind his contact book! :roll:

I am pretty sure Peter Reid is currently living in London? I doubt Shaun is going to be constantly going to be ringing him for peoples numbers.

Also, how is someone with Football League contacts going to help out a non-league club, especially from the other side of the country?

Isn't it amazing how the Manager had been judged already?

I've not judged him, if that is aimed at me.

I do have doubts about his "contacts" and I am not impressed with the current disciplinary record under Reid, but our current team has been patched together from nothing so the results are no surprise. I said as soon as players left that we wouldn't get another 6 points, because of our run of fixtures and the departure of most of our best players.

I will judge him when we start making signings and they start playing in competitive fixtures, then we will see where Reid is taking us.

I've not judged him, if that is aimed at me.

I do have doubts about his "contacts" and I am not impressed with the current disciplinary record under Reid, but our current team has been patched together from nothing so the results are no surprise. I said as soon as players left that we wouldn't get another 6 points, because of our run of fixtures and the departure of most of our best players.

I will judge him when we start making signings and they start playing in competitive fixtures, then we will see where Reid is taking us.

You have judged his contact book - Oh and BTW Peter Reid lives up North! :roll:

You have judged his contact book - Oh and BTW Peter Reid lives up North! :roll:

I haven't judged his contact book, I've pointed out that people have been making assumptions and it probably won't be as important as people are saying.

And I've heard from quite a few people that Peter Reid lives in London.

OK experts. Let's backtrack a bit.

If Joey had stayed, failed to reach the play-offs, and didn't improve on last season what would you have done?

Kept him on after another year of no progress?

Fired him?

Given him a chance to get things right next season?

Analyse the last option:

If the results at the start of the season were the same as last year, you would have to sack him. BUT that means that say the first 6/10 games have been lost and the manager coming in, was never going to get into the play-offs, let alone get promotion.

At least with Joey going when he did, the new manager had a chance to assess the team when there was nothing to lose, and has the summer to bring players in.

The club needs to move into the next level ASAP. People are putting a lot of their own money and effort into making the club successful. They are not seeing anything for it at the moment. Believe it or not. It costs money to run a football team/club.

Have a nice day. :wink:

OK experts. Let's backtrack a bit.

If Joey had stayed, failed to reach the play-offs, and didn't improve on last season what would you have done?

Kept him on after another year of no progress?

Fired him?

Given him a chance to get things right next season?

Analyse the last option:

If the results at the start of the season were the same as last year, you would have to sack him. BUT that means that say the first 6/10 games have been lost and the manager coming in, was never going to get into the play-offs, let alone get promotion.

At least with Joey going when he did, the new manager had a chance to assess the team when there was nothing to lose, and has the summer to bring players in.

The club needs to move into the next level ASAP. People are putting a lot of their own money and effort into making the club successful. They are not seeing anything for it at the moment. Believe it or not. It costs money to run a football team/club.

Have a nice day. :wink:

As Chairman of the club I have deliberately not got involved in any public debate on the managerial situation.

But all I will say it is refreshing to see a fan posting in their own name.

Welcome back to Warrington Peter T - and I look forward to seeing you at the field of dreams again as we continue on our journey!

• Downvote 1