Alziemers screening?

observer

Thanks for your concern, but I'm not worried by the posts! I was only a little perturbed that a serious subject had become a frivolous diversion, without anyone considering the importance behind it all!

Is it just because we are all living longer that Alzheimers is becoming more prevalent or is there anything to be said for the theory that processed food and our modern lifestyles contribute?

Thanks for your concern, but I'm not worried by the posts! I was only a little perturbed that a serious subject had become a frivolous diversion, without anyone considering the importance behind it all!

Is it just because we are all living longer that Alzheimers is becoming more prevalent or is there anything to be said for the theory that processed food and our modern lifestyles contribute?

Every day (work permitting etc)I visit my mum. She is 88 and is unable to walk and is house bound after a stroke and falls and various other issues. I shop, clean and occasionally cook for her and feed her. She has carers who do the majority of the caring as I am also very busy with my life and family. My dad died 18 years ago when mum was still very active(she used to be an operatic singer and loved going to Teneriffe on holiday)

Every week, my mum gets one notch worse that the one before and every so often she has really bad days caused usually by water infections where she can't even remember who I am or where she is..... she sees people walking in the house and is convinced her dad comes and visits her and that he is not dead (Grandad was 31 when he signed up for the 1st world war - so highly unlikely!)............

I make light of it and joke about it because otherwise I would probably burst out crying!! I make no apologies for doing this to anyone as it is my way of dealing with things. If others don't like it, that is their right. It won't change my ways I'm afraid

Baz

Every week, my mum gets one notch worse that the one before and every so often she has really bad days caused usually by water infections where she can't even remember who I am or where she is..... she sees people walking in the house and is convinced her dad comes and visits her and that he is not dead (Grandad was 31 when he signed up for the 1st world war - so highly unlikely!)............

I make light of it and joke about it because otherwise I would probably burst out crying!! I make no apologies for doing this to anyone as it is my way of dealing with things. If others don't like it, that is their right. It won't change my ways I'm afraid

Baz

I sympathise Baz, when my father became ill before he died, he was convinced that Japanese propaganda was being put out over the hospital TV! I found it very confusing at the time and I fully understand your point about dealing with things through making jokes. Everyone reacts to things differently and as I said in my original post, I have no problem with the jokes.