Local Elections -

observer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Watercolour:

Sorry can't agree - anyone who understands how devisive their leaders and their policies are and still votes for them deserves what they get. Definitely not a party for me.

But maybe what is being offered is what they want...or think they want Geoff.

Interestingly in Bewsey & Whitecross, my guess is that the BNP will take some votes off the Labour candidate, Hitesh Patel..whom I actually think is a good Councillor, in so doing it will provide assistance to the L/D candidate in winning the seat, which is all rather ironic. :(

Guess the dilemma could be solved by voting for the Conservative candidate, Haili Flynn (a young new mum).....who was actually born in Bewsey!.....50 years ago it was a Conservative seat I'm told. :D

NO but I am saying is that I destest, hate, despise, loath the BNP scum bags.

Don't hold back Geoff. :D

PS Do I assume that you will be out canvassing hard for the Labour B&W candidate and the Co-op/bit embarrassed to be Labour candidate in F & H.

[ 12.04.2008, 08:58: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

I've got to look after my own first, we're fighting the LIb/dem onslaught - can't have that bunch of mupits doing more damage. :wink:

Especially the three defectos. :roll: oops I'm being a bit bitter and twisted aren't I but after the insults hurled at me recently I'm being quite kind.

[ 12.04.2008, 09:45: Message edited by: Watercolour ]

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

That is true Observer, however are the alernatives going to put out some literature to let the voters see who they are and what policies/idea they have.....or are they going to make no or little effort and rely on getting votes because they are not the usual group of 3.

We Greens are working on it, and will probably soon get something up in this forum. In the mean time I'd like to invite you to check out some of the accomplishments of Greens in other councils.

Oxford - http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/3361

Kirklees - http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/3356

Norwich - http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/3360

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

But in local government politics here in Warrington, and I stress local, the Conservatives are the smallest party with currently 5 seats, so if voters want to register a protest vote they should vote Conservative :D

Is that the same as a wasted vote then Paul... sounds like you don't expect to take over after all.

Originally posted by Dismayed:

I must admit I never knew the Green Party did so much :D8)

As we know some parties always claim to do more than they actually do, indeed some claim credit for work done by others...and in most cases it is paid for by the taxpayer. Spending other peoples money is easy...creating the wealth is somewhat more difficult, as is cutting back when the money is running out.

Come on Paul you can do better than that, they do come across well - give Shelly a break and join her walk after all you could have a lovely afternoon talking Politics in those green fields of the south.

Mind you what is it with all the bagels and coke tins flying around the passages of Stockton Heath. I left egos last night and above our heads we saw two bagels caught by the spikes on the way to the car park.

Is there a UFO party standing or a new type of game - spike the bagel?

[ 13.04.2008, 09:13: Message edited by: Watercolour ]

after all you could have a lovely afternoon talking Politics in those green fields of the south.

I tend to find that during an election period, candidates time....well certainly those who want to win, is better spent on door to door canvassing or leaflet delivering rather than indulging in political discussions with other candidates. :wink:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

sounds like you don't expect to take over after all.

Mathematically it is not possible at this election. To have overall control a party needs 29 seats, the Conservatives have 5, there are 19 seats up for election this time, 2 of which are Conservative. It is possible that we could become the largest single party.... :D:D:D