Won't take "NO" for an answer ?

observer

Seems that "I want, therefore, I must have" is taking over and the authorities seem to be taking notice of it.  EG>  The Grenfell survivors demand a Judge to their liking for the Inquiry and it's scope.  The wife of the missing Airman demands the Police keep searching a rubbish tip for his body, despite the Police already having spent over a £million on the search and no evidence to support that he or his body went there. The parents of a terminally ill baby refuse to accept medical reality, costing the NHS £millions.  Have these people gone through life without ever being said "no" to ?         :ph34r:

Hard ones to answer Obs but yes I'm sure they have all been told NO many times in their lives but these are heartbreaking cases and I'm sure in their shoes I'd probably be demanding the same.

I think it's the lads mum who is demanding that police continue to search the landfill site.   Any parent would surely never give up and want to get to the truth and also find where their child's body was so that they could at least be laid to rest properly :(  Wouldn't you ?

As for the parents of baby Charlie Gard when offered a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, there was a chance that doctors abroad could do something to help him can you really blame them for the actions they have taken?  I would do anything and everything in my power if he was my child as I'm sure most parents would in their position....wouldn't you if he was your child ? :(  

Not in the face of overwhelming medical judgement,  even if the baby lived, it would be little more than a vegetable.  In the case of the missing Airman, the Police traced his mobile phone to a trash truck, but this doesn't mean he was with the phone, for all we know, he could be lying on a beach in Tenerife; he's technically AWOL from the RAF until they find him.   These demands are being led by emotion rather than rational judgement imo, and costing the tax-payer at the same time.       :ph34r:

When it comes to one's children then emotion trumps rational thought every time.

Just look at the search that went on for the victims of the moors murderers and the investigation is still open in the hope that the last of them will be found.

Look at the number of little "cherubs" who are "innocently" charged with various crimes but are vouched for by mothers as being so good that sainthood is just a matter of the paperwork being signed.

Even if it is a million to one chance that the treatment will work then people will want that treatment.

It is a natural reaction to fight for the life of ones offspring, all animals will defend their young.

Rational thought would say if a house is on fire and there is nobody inside then let it just burn rather than waste money and resources putting it out.It is only property and can be rebuilt so why risk the lives of firemen to extinguish the blaze. it will burn itself out eventually.:cry:

I must say .in the case of Charlie Gard, i would be forever worried as his parents if something unforseen happened to them & Charlie was left at the mercy of others.No one could love him like them & i would let nature take its course.

That's the problem Dave, advances in medicine have allowed an arrogant expectation that nature can be overcome in any case, and irrational emotion just fuels such demands. It's quite ironic, that the "right to life" mob have jumped on this bandwagon and been allegedly threatening the lives of Hospital staff,           :ph34r: