Sign in to follow this  
observer

How do we help the poor?

How do we help the poor?

Send 'em all on holiday to Calais, spray 'em all brown then smuggle 'em all in to the country in lorries, they'll never want for anything!. :wink::D

Not sure which is worse, the posts stupidity or its racist connotation

• Upvote 1

Perhaps free accommodation in a hotel or Council flat, with three free meals a day, plus some spending money, would be helpful to the poor ?!

Not sure which is worse, the posts stupidity or its racist connotation

It' all in the mind PJ!.

Wink.gif

There are very few perks to old age PJ, especially when you have worked for 50 years from the age of 15 and you are still contributing to all and sundry who have only just arrived and have never contributed a penny to our welfare!. I am not blaming any of the people that come into this country illegally or otherwise, it is our fault for putting up with a system that makes it very attractive for them to come here.

• Upvote 3

Whilst the word 'poor' is a fair description when measured against some who are not poor, the actuality of being poor has changed dramatically in my lifetime. When I was at primary school in the late 40s there were kids obviously worse off than the majority; this was apparent by the state or absence of essential clothing and their desperation for the school dinners. Today's poor are identified by not having the latest iPhone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You will be familiar with the word 'nonsense', you spout it enough.  You are so up yourself that you think that anything you don't agree with shouldn't be allowed, you will soon have the forum to yourself.    

• Downvote 1

You are perfectly entitled to post nonsense as I am perfectly entitled to point it out, if you don't like me pointing out when you are posting nonsense the answer is simple, stop posting nonsense. Your statement is wrong, callous and stupid. For it to be correct it means that every child in Britain lives in poverty if they don,t own the latest iPhone. Nonsense.

PJ, interesting to note that the image depicted on your avatar suffered from delusions and fantasies also as a result of him being off his head on drugs. :D

PJ, interesting to note that the image depicted on your avatar suffered from delusions and fantasies also as a result of him being off his head on drugs. :D

So????

Jack Nicholson, excellent actor, alcoholic, drug abuser and general hellraiser PJ.

and?

I thought you may prefer Mel Gibson :wink:

if you are so against alcohol and its negative effects why have alcohol as your avatar Algy?  

I like it, it was a good film. And Jack Nicholson  does look a bit fluffier than me :wink:

Point out to have a meaningful discussion you need to define what poor means.

Apparently it's when you don't have the latest iPhone,  so almost all children are in poverty.

Point out to have a meaningful discussion you need to define what poor means.

this may help if you have the time to read them.  Failing that a common measure of poverty is a child living in a household earning less than 60% of the average income.  Perhaps if the figure comes out embarrassingly high the Government could simply change how we measure poverty rather than stop pushing more children into it's grasp with ever more punitive measures levelled against their parents.  Oh! sorry they already did.

http://www.cpag.org.uk/child-poverty-facts-and-figures