Latchford railway embankment development

wirerob1

• 9 months later...

Drove past today and there are bulldozers on the railway embankment by Grammar School road removing all the trees - yet nothing on WBC's planning portal only the original scoping report for an Environmental impact assessment - wont be much wildlife left to access at this rate 

The bulldozers and cutters started removing all the trees etc from the embankment along Station Road on Saturday.  I looked on line but could only find the proposed plans and mention of the Environmental Scoping Report that had to be done so presumed the housing plans must have all been passed now but that I just couldn't find it s the council's website was playing silly buggers again.

It's all been a wildlife corridor for years now is established. There are foxes, badgers, bats, nesting birds and all sorts along there not to mention all the other wildlife that probably never gets seen as it's so secluded and safe for them.   I thought trees couldn;t be cut down between March and August too as it's birds nesting season ?!?

When all the trees were being cut down further up last year for the same reason (ie flattening the embankment line for proposed new houses) a lot of residents and others complained to the council and the press too as they knew nothing at all about it.  From memory that happened at the same time of the year and also started on a weekend so not a lot could be done until the council opened on the Monday.  I think the council enforcement officers did go  down a few days later though and work was then stopped either voluntarily or because they had finished or were told to stop.

IF the plans for all the new housing hasn't actually been approved yet, and lets face it the roads round there can't really cope with any more traffic from new housing, then why the bloody hell are they being allowed to rip out all the established trees etc.....  oh yes as that will get rid of all the wildlife that may cause an issue in the future especially if they are refused planning permission to build and/or go to appeal.   

The bulldozers and cutters started removing all the trees etc from the embankment along Station Road on Saturday.  I looked on line but could only find the proposed plans and mention of the Environmental Scoping Report that had to be done so presumed the housing plans must have all been passed now but that I just couldn't find it s the council's website was playing silly buggers again.

It's all been a wildlife corridor for years now is established. There are foxes, badgers, bats, nesting birds and all sorts along there not to mention all the other wildlife that probably never gets seen as it's so secluded and safe for them.   I thought trees couldn;t be cut down between March and August too as it's birds nesting season ?!?

When all the trees were being cut down further up last year for the same reason (ie flattening the embankment line for proposed new houses) a lot of residents and others complained to the council and the press too as they knew nothing at all about it.  From memory that happened at the same time of the year and also started on a weekend so not a lot could be done until the council opened on the Monday.  I think the council enforcement officers did go  down a few days later though and work was then stopped either voluntarily or because they had finished or were told to stop.

IF the plans for all the new housing hasn't actually been approved yet, and lets face it the roads round there can't really cope with any more traffic from new housing, then why the bloody hell are they being allowed to rip out all the established trees etc.....  oh yes as that will get rid of all the wildlife that may cause an issue in the future especially if they are refused planning permission to build and/or go to appeal.   

That's the way though isn't it? Vandalise the town then argue that the crappy apartments or estate you want to put up will be an improvement on the crap hole you yourself have created. 

That's the way though isn't it? Vandalise the town then argue that the crappy apartments or estate you want to put up will be an improvement on the crap hole you yourself have created. 

Yep it seems so in some cases...:(