Lib-dems Councillors at last admit defeat about the litt

Geoffrey Settle

The lib-dems Councillors were out today (Sunday morning) joined by Peter Edwards and his probation team clearing up litter in Cinnamon Brow.

It looks like they are finally getting the message that there is a litter problem and that their cut-backs are having an effect. This is something I have been moaning about for sometime now and I have lost count of how many bags of rubbish I have collected in the area.

It was only yesterday that whilst doing a litter pick in the grounds of Cinnamon Brow Farm that a passer by stopped by the black bin on the main road and cleared up the mess that someone had deposited on the pavement the night before. Apparently Bill picks up litter in this area on a regular basis and he has a litter picker like me.

We are not the only ones to have litter pickers now. Alfred Jones have given the manageress of the SPAR shop one to help with their morning clean up of the car park and yesterday we gave one to the Cinnamon Brow Farm Club to make life easier for them to pick up litter.

Hopefully with all this effort going on in Cinnamon Brow it will start to look a bit better. However in this day and age people just seem to throw the stuff around regardless so it will be an ongoing task. One that requires appropriate rresourcing.

Cinnamon Brow is of course no worse then the rest of Warrington, in fact Paula Darlington who is in charge of Environmental services thinks that it is a lot cleaner.

I just hope that all of the other Lib-Dem Councillors will be cleaning up the rubbish where you live.

I for one am fed up with the mess. :thinker:

[ 16.03.2008, 16:55: Message edited by: Semi-retired Geoff ] Reduced size of title heading

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Semi-retired Geoff:

You do have a good point there. But maybe they were looking for some photo opportunities for the Poulton Noulton North no.41 issue of focus?

That happens round here too :D

At least when elections are looming and cameras are out things start to get done :wink:

Pity it doesn't last throughout the year though :roll:

The litter bit at the start of this thread was the big controversial issue - but Pete you'll have more news from the grapevine.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post such comments on here!

One Councillor even thrust a printed copy under my nose before the start of the meeting and demanded that he talked about it afterwards. I said no ? it was from a discussion forum and he had the right of reply on WWW just like anyone else. I told him that I would look forward to reading his reply. Another Councillor shouted out a few comments during the meeting but the chair asked him to tone down his language maybe he will also join the forum?

After all Gary has been asking for Councillor contributions for many years.

Where I saw them clearing litter Geoff was in a spot that if you go down the side of your place towards the brook/linear park!!!

I recon they are only trying, without luck to silence you !!! (or elections are getting closer)Ha Ha

[ 18.03.2008, 08:37: Message edited by: reader ]

It would seem that Fearnhead is the place to be these days. More excitement than in the Town Hall.

I am over there later, so I will see if things have quietened down.

Seems strange that they want to gag you Geoff. What happened to freedom of speech and a right to an opinion?

Mind you, a certain political party don't like public comments. They twitch over here as well. :biggrinbounce: :bluegrab:

Geoff.

"The lib-dems Councillors were out today (Sunday morning) joined by Peter Edwards and his probation team clearing up litter in Cinnamon Brow."

It would appear that the facts are somewhat distorted. :o

Tut tut. And it's not even election time.

I did hear that if you had picked up so much litter, why did the Probation team find so much?

Don't forget, politics and community work don't lie easy together.

Perhaps more litter had been dropped after Geoff had picked up his lot :D

Don't think there are specific times when people are allowed to drop litter so I would imagine it's an on-going problem and as such there is plently for all to collect :P

Pete the only one on this thread distorting the facts is your goodself.

Cinnamon Brow is an area of some 2,000 households with large expanses of parks, paths, hedge rows etc. There is still a great deal of litter that requires picking up. Hopefully during your visit you will have looked in the streams and brooks and seen the rubbish floating in the water.

Mind you other areas of the Town are looking equally as bad. The Mayor for example only has to walk down the road that leads to the Town Hall. When she does she will see lots of litter underneath and around the bushes.

Perhaps you could have a chat with your chums and ask them to spend next Sunday exercising some Civic pride?

Sorry Geoff. I am not distorting any facts.

Your report(see my previous post) suggested that the Lib-Dems were doing a publicity stunt. According to my information, the probation team had "invited" a couple of people who happened to be councillors to see what was being done.

That is somewhat different to your slant on things, which I believe was told to you at the PC meeting.

Chums? What chums?

I thought that Sundays were a day for Religion, rest and time with the family? Civic duties were for the other days of the week. :o :confused:

If "litter" is such a problem, instead of the un-paid antics of politicians; why not some schemes of enforcement EG; Litter Wardens with the power to impose on the spot fines (might make some money then); and street cleaners, who actually use a brush and shovel, rather than picking litter. :wink:

Originally posted by Peter:

According to my information, the probation team had "invited" a couple of people who happened to be councillors to see what was being done.

What? - the probabtion team decided to choose Cinnamon Brow and invited a couple of people who happened to be councillors to see what was being done? - Do you realise how obsurd that sounds.

Why was Cinnamon Brow chosen when there are other areas of this Town in a much worse state?

Your weak explanation just doesn't stack up.

As for Sunday being a day of rest - maybe if you're religious it is - so does that mean that the litter pickers are not religious?

[ 19.03.2008, 00:04: Message edited by: Semi-retired Geoff ]

Peter I haven't changed my views about the Probation Sservice they are brilliant and have done a huge amount for Cinnamon Brow Farm(hegde cutting,painting - in fact they are due soon to do more painting) Orange and Avery Community Centre (this was another big job,painting inside and out) Fearnhead shops(more painting - this time the trellis, I think they also laid grass in front of the community centre etc etc.... and I have written and said how much I appreciated their efforts to the Head of the Probatioin Service, I even handed the letter in person.

[ 19.03.2008, 12:21: Message edited by: Semi-retired Geoff ]