Lib-dems Councillors at last admit defeat about the litt

Geoffrey Settle

It's all down to the lack of personal discipline which should be taught from an early age at home and then when they go to school.

Sadly this hasn't happened for generations, and is unlikely to, due to the fact that parents and teachers are not allowed to discipline their children. :roll::twisted:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I missed something, of course teachers, parents and guardians can, should and many do discipline their charges.

I certainly have done over the years - it's the way you do it that matters. Getting it right is tough.

One of the hardest things to do is lead by example, get this wrong and you've already lost.

My dad always badgered me to pick up litter and put it in my pocket until I got home or passed a bin. He would always insist that litter outside our house was for us to pick up and put in our bin etc. It just became 2nd nature.

People in today's society are quite content to drop litter, spit chewing gum on the floor. Some don't even keep their own garden tidy!! Just a sign of the times that needs changing.

In this ever uncertain age regarding job cutting etc.... surely if people don't litter, the people who are paid to pick it up after them will be out of work?

Maybe a campaign to get people to drop litter could be the start of a mass round of new employment of people to go round collecting it all up?

"Litter for livelihoods" or "Don't bin it.... I need to feed my kids"! :D

Since when did someone have to be officially 'elected' to enable them to get of their backsides and do something worthwhile or to try and sort a problem out :?

I didn't say that. It was a sardonic comment on the fact that people report it to him. :roll:

Keep up Dismayed. :P:wink:

Peter.... Maybe if you just worded things concisely and to the point then people like me who are obviously 'struggling to keep up' may actually understand who it is that you are really having a go at :P:lol:

God help anyone who is actually new to this forum :lol::wink:

Dismayed,

God works elsewhere on Sundays.

IF I made it too easy, people wouldn't need to think.

One should "always" read between the lines to make sure that subtlety doesn't win the day.

You'd be surprised how many of my comments are understood by the "thinkers". With others, it just goes over the top, and then it is a waste of good ink. :wink::P

Dismayed,

God works elsewhere on Sundays.

IF I made it too easy, people wouldn't need to think.

One should "always" read between the lines to make sure that subtlety doesn't win the day.

You'd be surprised how many of my comments are understood by the "thinkers". With others, it just goes over the top, and then it is a waste of good ink. :wink::P

Thanks for that Peter, and there was little old me thinking I still had the parts of my brain left which allowed me to read and think :shock::P:lol:

PS... I don't actually use any ink when I post so maybe you need to check your PC settings :P

PPS... People who write in a 'subtle' fashion with the hope and expectation that readers will indeed 'read between the lines' and draw their own conclusion as to what is actually meant are usually the sort of people who aim to get support from both sides of an arguement/discussion without actually having to show which side of the fence they are really on :wink::lol::P

Making assumptions Dismayed?

There again, if you read my posts, you would notice that they all vary in that some comment, some "try" to be subtle, but none of them have any set way of conveying the message. LOL.Now you are confused.

By the way, I think that you spent too much time fighting the school issue. Nothing in life is black and white. :P:lol::wink:

I wasn't making assumptions I was just replying in the hope that it would get on your nerves :P

By the way, I think that you spent too much time fighting the school issue. Nothing in life is black and white.

I don't understand that bit..... you are doing it again :P:?

It's not like I ever tried to hide my feelings and views about the school issue on here is it (or anything else for that matter :lol: )......so no points for being 'clever' there Peter :P

It was only the black and white comment I didn't quite follow :roll: but while you've started the 'guess who Dizzy is game'

maybe you (and other person) can tell me what letter my first name begins with and I'll tell you if you are right... :D

Just to be fair, I'll have a guess at yours and I think it starts think with a 'P'

There are 5 points up for grabs if you get mine right but no confering with Gary cos he has access to everyones registration details... 8)

I've never fully understand why people hide behaind an alias. I suppose it's a bit like councillors who object to having a CRB check, they must simply dissasociate their views or actions from themselves?

You Dissy are not one of these people.

Perhaps the reason is that what you write on here is public and therefore open to scrutiny if you write under your own name. You are putting yourself and any associations that you have or belong to at risk.

The only time this has been a possible issue for me is when a letter dropped on my door mat the other year.

I had been reported to the authorities by a fellow Parish Councillor the Lib/Dem's Dave. He did so because of what I wrote on this site. All three charges were dissmissed. No case to answer. :wink:

As a consequence I did adopt an alias of Painter Geoff/Student Geoff for a while but got fed up as it wasn't a clever disguise and why should I have a pen name anyway.

What does little old me have to hide? I have met quite a few posters in my time so I know who a lot of you are and your not a bad lot in the flesh. :lol:

I've never fully understand why people hide behaind an alias. I suppose it's a bit like councillors who object to having a CRB check, they must simply dissasociate their views or actions from themselves?

You Dissy are not one of these people.

Perhaps the reason is that what you write on here is public and therefore open to scrutiny if you write under your own name. You are putting yourself and any associations that you have or belong to at risk.

As a consequence I did adopt an alias of Painter Geoff/Student Geoff for a while but got fed up as it wasn't a clever disguise and why should I have a pen name anyway.

What does little old me have to hide? I have met quite a few posters in my time so I know who a lot of you are and your not a bad lot in the flesh. :lol:

Geoff, that is one of your best posts.

Repercussions do happen when posting under ones true name. Some people in office, can't take criticism.

These people should stay out of the kitchen if they can't stand the heat, or toughen up and do the job.