Farage V Clegg -

observer

Not much Baz, I think he is a carpet bagger.

I saw this on Facebook, posted by a 20 year old, I quite like it as it sort of sums up how much scare tactics and nonesense we are fed.

What percentage of the population are migrants?
Public belief: 31%
Truth: 11%

How much of benefit payments is fraudulently claimed?
Public belief: £24 in every £100
Truth: 70p in every £100

How many under 16s get pregnant each year?
Public belief: 15%
Truth: 0.6%

56% of people think crime is increasing.
Yet, criminal incidents are 53% lower than 1995.

1 in 3 people think Government spends more on job seekers allowance than it does providing pensions.
Yet, we spend 15 times on pensions, £74.2billion.

1 in 4 people think foreign aid is a top expenditure.
Yet, it accounts to 1.1% of Government spending.

Stop reading the Daily Mail .
Switch off the TV when Nigel Farage comes on .

Not much Baz, I think he is a carpet bagger.

I saw this on Facebook, posted by a 20 year old, I quite like it as it sort of sums up how much scare tactics and nonesense we are fed.

What percentage of the population are migrants?

Public belief: 31%

Truth: 11%

How much of benefit payments is fraudulently claimed?

Public belief: £24 in every £100

Truth: 70p in every £100

How many under 16s get pregnant each year?

Public belief: 15%

Truth: 0.6%

56% of people think crime is increasing.

Yet, criminal incidents are 53% lower than 1995.

1 in 3 people think Government spends more on job seekers allowance than it does providing pensions.

Yet, we spend 15 times on pensions, £74.2billion.

1 in 4 people think foreign aid is a top expenditure.

Yet, it accounts to 1.1% of Government spending.

Stop reading the Daily Mail .

Switch off the TV when Nigel Farage comes on .

but you see the sad thing is that it is OK for people to post stuff like that without recourse. If anyone posts anything about immigration, foreign aid, scroungers, etc.... they are either racist or posh tory voters.

Of course when is a migrant not a migrant? when do they become part of the indigenous population? Are Poles who came here ten years ago classed still as migrants or not (especially as we are all supposedly European (although hopefully not for too much longer)) and is the migration figure going to increase or decrease?

If we have an immigration cap, Are we going to have to discriminate against Indian Doctors and Graduates in favour of unskilled Europeans?

There are far too many unanswered questions about not only immigration but our role within or without Europe

Anyway, we are approaching the time when all of us, naysayers too, get the opportunity to place an 'x' and ultimately get what we deserve. Even if it is a dry run for next year's dust-up. I sincerely hope that the vacuous placard-waving types actually bother to vote themselves having tried so desperately to upset UKIP's applecart without actually stating arguments of their own. I ask not that you vote for any particular party or individual, only that you vote. As Delia Smith famously yelled: 'Come on! Let's be having you!'

• Upvote 1

Anyway, we are approaching the time when all of us, naysayers too, get the opportunity to place an 'x' and ultimately get what we deserve. Even if it is a dry run for next year's dust-up. I sincerely hope that the vacuous placard-waving types actually bother to vote themselves having tried so desperately to upset UKIP's applecart without actually stating arguments of their own. I ask not that you vote for any particular party or individual, only that you vote. As Delia Smith famously yelled: 'Come on! Let's be having you!'

What a load of bunkum.  I think you will find that its Nigel Farage who is without any credible answers but people will probably see him as a way to give the proper parties a kick up the arse.  Any policies they have are either forgotten, denied or just plain mad.  I see it as similar to when the monkey won the mayoral election in Hartlepool.

• Downvote 1

Thanks for that endorsement, PJ. I hope you ventured out to place your 'x' in a box. That was my only request. The two main party leaders have kept pretty quiet recently. Living in denial perhaps, and hoping this will all blow over. I would like the chance to vote on membership of the EU. I am under 58 so haven't had that democratic pleasure yet. I love Europe and have lived on the continent and travelled widely, yet I absolutely abhor the EU as an undemocratic juggernaut of an institution. Mr Cameron promises a referendum but his lips were moving, so we know it is an empty promise. There is no measurable renegotiation by which he can be held to account.

• Upvote 1

No point in "jubilation" Boris, if a carefull analysis is made.  Inside the EU Parliament; the Euro-sceptics have failed to take over 30% of seats to provide a blocking veto on legislation. The economic and fiscal drivers for MORE integration, inside the Euro-zone still remain. The effects of the free movement of labour policy are still with us.  While the PMs meet in Brussels and give us the re-positioning rhetoric, I suspect, beyond these empty words, it will remain business as usual.  Meanwhile, on the domestic front, there has been some re-positioning of the electorate, assuming they don't return to their usual docile tribalism next year, which would be bad news for all three main Parties: the LibDems could cease to exist; Labour has to decide between their pinko London support and the provincial working class; and the Tories may not see a majority in a new Parliament - so a hung parliament still with a pro-EU majority. What we may be seeing is a nostalgic generation that will be "gone with the wind".

The European Parliament could be filled 100% with EU skeptics, but they would still be unable to block any legislation the Commissars choose to introduce, or bring forward any legislation of their own. It is purely a rubber stamp for TPTB.