Farage V Clegg -

observer

I think more set up in Ireland to be honest; cheaper corporation tax being one benefit and the EU then allows them to carry out billions of pounds worth of business in the UK from UK based offices, but pay little or no tax here because their head office is in Dublin.... Google, Starbucks, Amazon et al

So what about that level playing field now????

Where you pay tax Baz has nothing to do with the EU, if you set up your European head quarters in Ireland that's where you pay tax, many British companies routinely hold the government to ransom about moving their head quarters out of the UK, so they can get a better tax break, wrong but sadly it happens, Ireland and the UK attract lots of American investment as their are no language issues. Ireland is getting more at the moment as their taxes are lower.

So exactly how much unreceipted, unchecked and undeserved tax payers money does Farage actually blag each year, the estimates vary greatly depending upon whether you listen to him or whether you listen to anybody else?

Undeserved? maybe in your opinion. however the EU is the one who gives the money away without requiring receipts or any other form of accountability.

If he does what he says, the EU and the gravy train will all end and there will be no more need for UKIP and old Nige can go back to being a commodities trader or whatever else he did before politics.

He and UKIP are shaking up the establishment and making them look at the issues that people are interested in that they all previously had their gentlemen's agreement that they wouldn't mention.

It is no worse than Ed Miliband claiming £140.00 a year for his TV license or Ed Balls and his wife claiming £1,031.35 per month each as mortgage payments on the second home....

Personally, I'd rather Nigel got even more money off the EU, that way at least we know that some of the billions we pay in each year will be spent in Britain :)

.. but you do ! However, your not alone at muck spreading; the TV news had a go tonight, asking why Nigel's German wife works for him rather than a Brit.  Well (a) she's his wife, and in common with most MPs can employ their spouse; but (B) if she's married to him presumably she's now a British citizen.

Obs,

Why is it when a politician from any of the main political party gets attacked by the media over his expenses, you can't wait to have ago on here, when poor Nigel gets attacked it's muck spreading, ?

double standards by you me thinks, you are either against abuse of expenses or you are in favour, which is it?

Ps

Any answer you give will probably be used against you when another politician is exposed :wink:

I don't defend such abuse, but I'm not aware that Nige has committed any offence in this regard; apparently the EU authorities found no case for him to answer. I'm sure he's as clean or otherwise as the other three party leaders, so perhaps the dirt can be left alone and folk can concentrate on issues?

I too have noticed an almost maniacal desire to excuse anything and everything  bad that Farage has said or done, of which there is plenty, and to try to blame it all on the big lads bullying and picking on  the pint swilling nutjob.  It makes my skin crawl a bit.

If you cared to be specific in your accusations in respect of Mr Farage (avoiding charges of liable of course), rather than inane snipes; I'm sure folk might be interested. The fact is, more folk are finding that his views resonate with them, as hopefully we'll discover in the Euro-elections.

• Upvote 1

I don't defend such abuse, but I'm not aware that Nige has committed any offence in this regard; apparently the EU authorities found no case for him to answer. I'm sure he's as clean or otherwise as the other three party leaders, so perhaps the dirt can be left alone and folk can concentrate on issues?

So any dirt that comes out now about the other 3 will be passed off by you now as muck spreading, just take alook at some of your posts about them when their has been a sniff of something wrong with them. Obs surly your not that blind, it is plain to see, your double standard.

Your post will come back to haunt you

I'm sureif a bunch like UKIP give someone the clog for his "Repellent" tweets then we can safely assume it was more vile than insulting a pastie, never thought I would hear you defending racism and the politics of hate ha

So now we've descended to name calling again. I'm not "sticking up" for anyone; if the law has been broken, rather than just luvvie feathers ruffled; by all means it should be pursued by the police.  Otherwise, I think we can ignore the usual hysterics.

So now we've descended to name calling again. I'm not "sticking up" for anyone; if the law has been broken, rather than just luvvie feathers ruffled; by all means it should be pursued by the police.  Otherwise, I think we can ignore the usual hysterics.

Name calling?  do you mean when I called the racist a toerag or when I said your views were similar?

Even your current pinup Nige (swivel eyes) Farage has condemned the moron you are so desperate to side with.  

I'm not engaging in the schoolgirl hysterics that your ilk appear to do.  IF this guy has broken the law, then the police should be involved - IF not, it's free speech, one of the refreshing aspects of UKIP, is they've not yet been straight jacketed by political correctness.

• Upvote 1