South African jolly

Latchford Locks

Ok here goes....

How much did the RFL spend on" McNamaras Jolly Boys Outing "to the S African leisure resort/safari park ?

Lets be totally blunt,a few days warm up on The Great Orme would have been enough to prepare the side for this mis match of an event in Wrexham yesterday !

The game needs money pumping into the academy and non league set ups NOT a Safari Holday for 30 + people.

Who thinks up these hair brained schemes I bet they were first on the plane to Jo'berg dry.gif

Not only this fixture but the total *tournament* is a farce and a complete waste of time and money...A crowd of a little over 4,000 shows just how much supporters of the game think of it...There would be little point of resurrecting the GB team because none of the Welsh Irish or Scottish players would be good enough for selection...This tournamnet is a means of getting some TV airtime but it's doing the game no good at all to be set before such a paltry crowd. Iestyn Harris is having a go at cracking the whip saying if the Welsh players players don't toughen up they'll be dropped...Yeah...I bet any of them could give a monkey's wotsit.

There seemed more BBC commentators there than spectators .

And the pre game presentation was as amateur and inept as ever ! The choir singing some strange song or other that went on forever and the poor old players standing waiting for the national anthems to begin just looked bemused it would have been funny had it not been so embarasing :oops:

Not only this fixture but the total *tournament* is a farce and a complete waste of time and money...A crowd of a little over 4,000 shows just how much supporters of the game think of it...There would be little point of resurrecting the GB team because none of the Welsh Irish or Scottish players would be good enough for selection...This tournamnet is a means of getting some TV airtime but it's doing the game no good at all to be set before such a paltry crowd. Iestyn Harris is having a go at cracking the whip saying if the Welsh players players don't toughen up they'll be dropped...Yeah...I bet any of them could give a monkey's wotsit.

At least the crowd yesterday was an improvement on the previous games but the stadium was not a decent backdrop for an international match,it does our game no favours to portray internationals in such poor settings.I dread to think what the turn out will be at Salford next week.

It is a pointless exercise that will be over by half time I mean would YOU go to watch it ?

Will you even put it on the tele ?

If there wasn't a Wire interest in the tournament I don't think I'd bother watching...Just over 7,000 speccies isn't anything to write home about...At least there wasn't Ray French commentating who doesn't seem to be able to identify the players. The Aussie tour used to be very well attended but with the advent of summer football that won't be happening again.

The problem with Rugby League is that the people who are running it dont know anything about the sport, just reading about Rangi Chase he should never have even be considered for an England place.

Mc Namara should never hve been appointed England coach,the selections are a joke too many players playing out of position to accomadate certain players--the England team are a joke, as is Rugby League in its present state.