Warrington Town's Pre Season Games

7:30 or 7:45? I missed the first 10 mins tonight as thought it was 7:45.

Not that it mattered much. haven't a clue as to who most of the yellow team were and knew none of the red team. I appreciate pre-season is to work out who will be in the squad etc, but at £5 per game and seeing 20 ish unknown players, its not exactly appealing. I presume this is going to settle down at some point and we are going just see rotation around the eventual squad? If so when?

the number 11 in the yellow team looked handy with plenty of pace and the goal was finished well by the no 10 in the red team. Not overly impressed by the keeper but its just game one.

Apart from that, i didn't learn much tonight. I hope the boss did.

7:30 or 7:45? I missed the first 10 mins tonight as thought it was 7:45.

Not that it mattered much. haven't a clue as to who most of the yellow team were and knew none of the red team. I appreciate pre-season is to work out who will be in the squad etc, but at £5 per game and seeing 20 ish unknown players, its not exactly appealing. I presume this is going to settle down at some point and we are going just see rotation around the eventual squad? If so when?

the number 11 in the yellow team looked handy with plenty of pace and the goal was finished well by the no 10 in the red team. Not overly impressed by the keeper but its just game one.

Apart from that, i didn't learn much tonight. I hope the boss did.

You mean you didn't recognise Rob Hardwick, Liam Shipton and Ged Kinsella from last season?:unsure:

As a game of football I actually thought it was petty good value for a fiver and a bigger attendance than some league games!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like i'm picking the wrong games to attend. Last night was poor again (Marine) and the Defence in particular. However the Stoke game apparently was if you excuse the pun a totally different ball game.

The number 9 looked a hand full (ashe?) as did the number 20 who came on 2nd half. He got stuck in and had pace to burn. 2nd half was better then first.

Hope before Colwyn Bay / Everton, we have a good idea of the final 18 and they have started to play together/ gel.

Hope before Colwyn Bay / Everton, we have a good idea of the final 18 and they have started to play together/ gel.

I've had the impression that the teams for the Stoke game and last night were practically the same, and we were starting to build our lineup together. I didn't go last night but I did go on Thursday, so I'm not sure.

I've had the impression that the teams for the Stoke game and last night were practically the same, and we were starting to build our lineup together. I didn't go last night but I did go on Thursday, so I'm not sure.

WW97, A number of players that played in the Stoke match were missing from last nights game. Kinsella and Rob Hardwick to mention just two. Very dissapointing performance last night and one that wont get us to the play offs in a hurry. Agree with Adrian that it did improve when they added 5 off the bench but a total contrast to the performance I witnessed against Stoke.

Hoping for better things when the league matches start.

Ian

I knew i shouldn't have made such positive noises after the Stoke game! :oops:

Didn't attend last night but a lot of so called experts including Joey Dunn say there is not much difference between the standards in Division One North and the Premier Division - so if they got whooped by Marine not much hope of promotion!

But hey on a positive note it is only a pre-season friendly and still plenty of time to get it right! :unsure:

a lot of so called experts including Joey Dunn say there is not much difference between the standards in Division One North and the Premier Division - so if they got whooped by Marine not much hope of promotion!

The top-half of the D1N is probably as good as the bottom-half of the Premier. You wouldn't see the likes of Cammell Lairds or Prescot in the Premier.

Watching how Fylde and Witton do this season will probably be a good measure of this.