Thank you

Tomo

Just wanted to post and say thank you for all the support that the board and fans have given to me personally throughout my time at Warrington Town. As a lot of you are aware i went thought a difficult time personally at the start of last season and needed some time to get my head in a better place and the welcome i received on my return was immensely appreciated and made the nervous transition that much easier. I haven't decided on my future yet within football but have not heard anything so am assuming i'm not required for next season - which is perfectly fine as in football every new manager has certain ways and players they want to play and operate.

Thank you again for your support and hopefully will see you next season either as a spectator or player somewhere else.

Tomo

• Upvote 1

Best of luck Tommo, You've always been great for the club :)

I find it a bit disappointing how quite a few of our players from the end of last season have just been frozen out and ignored by the new management team, and forced to assume they need to look elsewhere. Maddo and Heald as well, from what I've heard, and I've just got to assume that there's quite a few more. Surely we have the decency and respect to even just give them one phone call to clear things up?

Good luck Tomo - you have been a Wire legend.

Wire Warrior - have you not realised the new manager is a little on the ruthless side?

He has come to Warrington with the single goal of getting promoted and will take no prisoners on the journey.

He is not going to be "mates" with the players.

I think the cull he made at the end of last season, ensuring he didn't have any dummy spitters in HIS side, made his intentions perfectly clear.

By dummy spitters I am referring to the players who walked out when the manager was sacked last season.

Shaun Reid has come to Warrington to get promoted - and his reputation is well and truly on the line - he will pick his squad as his head is on the chopping block.

He must have decided that most of the players he had last year were not capable of getting promotion - that is football.

From memory you are a bit of a tweeter - I suggest you tweet your thoughts to @shaunreid2 and see what response you get! :shock:

Best of luck Tommo, You've always been great for the club :)

I find it a bit disappointing how quite a few of our players from the end of last season have just been frozen out and ignored by the new management team, and forced to assume they need to look elsewhere. Maddo and Heald as well, from what I've heard, and I've just got to assume that there's quite a few more. Surely we have the decency and respect to even just give them one phone call to clear things up?

Tend to agree with you think a big mistake letting Tomo go seeing the quality of player he brought in last year it will be interesting to see if his nephew is still with Town as I thought he was well below this standard, we will see anyway best of luck Tomo in whatever you do and wherever you go, you have always given 100 percent and have been a class act.

• Upvote 1

Good luck Tomo - you have been a Wire legend.

Wire Warrior - have you not realised the new manager is a little on the ruthless side?

He has come to Warrington with the single goal of getting promoted and will take no prisoners on the journey.

He is not going to be "mates" with the players.

I think the cull he made at the end of last season, ensuring he didn't have any dummy spitters in HIS side, made his intentions perfectly clear.

By dummy spitters I am referring to the players who walked out when the manager was sacked last season.

Shaun Reid has come to Warrington to get promoted - and his reputation is well and truly on the line - he will pick his squad as his head is on the chopping block.

He must have decided that most of the players he had last year were not capable of getting promotion - that is football.

From memory you are a bit of a tweeter - I suggest you tweet your thoughts to @shaunreid2 and see what response you get! :shock:

I am supporting Shaun, I just think we need to show players who have served us so well a bit of respect.

Also, if Shaun does fail to get promoted despite having a great season, will we just get rid of him too? That'd be our reputation down the drain too, so our heads are on the line just as much as his. While Reid is still in charge, our ex-players will join new clubs and a lot of them won't have good things to say about us. I really hope that our results start doing the talking soon, because off-the-pitch we are possibly going to grow a bit of a bad reputation if they don't.

If we can grow a good reputation with our results, none of this even matters, so lets just focus on positives and hope for that :)

I don't want to argue about this really, that isn't the point of this. Tommo has served us well and I don't want to sidetrack this thread.

Apologies for taking this a bit off topic

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1