Local election results 0630 this morning

algy

• The Conservatives have already lost almost 300 seats. Counting in Scotland has not started yet, but, with results available from 97 councils, here is the state of play.

Councils

Conservatives: 26 - down 11

Labour: 49 - up 21

Lib Dems: 3 - down 1

Councillors

Conservatives: 549 - down 272

Labour: 1,087 - up 456

Lib Dems: 211 - down 128

Plaid Cymru: 32 - down 11

Green: 16 - up 3

BNP: 0 - down 3

Respect: 5 - up 5

Ukip: 7 - up 1

Tories are now turning in on themselves and blaming their leadership for the poor results.

Think you find I am Centre left, I like some Liberal policies, and I like some Labour Policies, I would have liked a fairer voting system but sadly that was not to be. So can we take it we have seen the last of your immigration propaganda :wink:

Think you find I am Centre left, I like some Liberal policies, and I like some Labour Policies, I would have liked a fairer voting system but sadly that was not to be. So can we take it we have seen the last of your immigration propaganda :wink:

You must be Mr Inbetween ! Can't make a decision about anything,

The trouble with our politicians is that they are either too thick skinned, or probably just too thick, to realise that the electorate has rejected the whole sorry mess of them :roll: :roll: :roll:

Their ego's make them oblivious to everything in the real world.

Well, based on the average switch, as in France, Holland and Greece: around 30% voted either extreme right or left. In Greece their Tories managed around 20% and their Labour 16%! They blame both "centre" Parties for the austerity forced on them by Merkel and the EUro zone. So maybe, the worm is turning?! :wink: