Plan A - not working?

observer

Look at any of the top 100 FTSE, Look how directors pay has gone up over the last 30 years then put it against their share prices, Their is absolutely no resemblance. I have no problem with people being paid for success. Look what happened just at Aviva, they got court. Sadly they are an exception.

So how would you like them to be paid? Peanuts?

What incentive would you pay to these top people for keeping these companies at the top?

Personally, I would like to see a bonus cap, and NO rewards for failure. However, companies want the best people to do the job, and therefore have to pay the market rate.

Would you do your job for less money?

Pay 'em what you like - as long as there's a progessive tax system in place and rigouressly applied, redistribution can continue and the economic round a bout keep turning. After all, you don't want money being wasted on so-called modern artwork that could have been painted in a primary school do you?! :wink:

Peter, If the share price goes down do they deserve a reward, they are paid to add value to the company, if it looses share price they have failed yet they give themselves big pay rises?

Perhaps a start, would be to look closer to home. One of our fellow posters, when in office, seemed ok about the Council wallahs getting a massive increase. When questioned he said: "They all voted for it".

Not a lot of redistribution there. :roll:

I agree Peter, but it's even worse in the private sector, As I said, I have no problem with paying for success, but these people are paying themselves huge bonus, for doing nothing. If you add value to a company then yes, but if you don't then your basic should be enough.

I agree Peter, but it's even worse in the private sector, As I said, I have no problem with paying for success, but these people are paying themselves huge bonus, for doing nothing. If you add value to a company then yes, but if you don't then your basic should be enough.

I agree with your last sentence, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Each case is different.

My personal view is that the tax loop holes should be removed and any bonus for everyone should have a cap.

But given the incompetence of official bodies these days, I don't expect to see any change in my life time.

obs. Just looking at the bigger picture. :wink: