Northwich Victoria

robocop

I heard Widnes Town FC were getting it. Chinese whispers, I think. Don't see why they can't just give it to Warrington. I doubt Cantilever Park will fit in with the required standards set by the FA for the Conference leagues and definitely not the Football League, and there is no way that we can make it any bigger (Houses, Canal etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Lets be honest here Wilderspool is in a right state, it would cost thousdands of pounds to maintain and refurbish up to conference standards.

Also the club would have to pay for extra stewarding, the club has to have enough stewards for the grounds full capacity even if you only have one stand open.

Finally on the wilderspool issue the most important point is the experience of going to a game, and watching non-league football in an empty stadium is horrendous, many Town fans will remember going to watch St Helens Town at knowsley road.

I think Northwich moving to Warrington will probably kill them off quicker than us, clubs who move away from their town typically dont last much longer, look at Leigh.

People also said that Liverpool reserves moving into the Haliwell Jones would kill us off and our attendances grew that season.

Our current ground will be fine for a few seasons yet, ok not for the football league but if you have ever been to some of the grounds in the Blue square north you will realise they are not any better than our own.

Lets start filling the ground we have, then think about moving. Im sure the board will have plans for when the club reaches the football league but its a long way off yet.

Our current ground will be fine for a few seasons yet, ok not for the football league but if you have ever been to some of the grounds in the Blue square north you will realise they are not any better than our own.

Lets start filling the ground we have, then think about moving. Im sure the board will have plans for when the club reaches the football league but its a long way off yet.

To be honest, the Crawley Town stadium is a similar size to Cantilever Park, but maybe a few meters wider on each side with seating. If we had the money, it would be possible to get Cantilever Park into a stadium of that quality.