What is missing at Town?

robocop

I think it is fair to say Warrington have had an up and down season, some good games, some bad and some mediocre.

Ultimately it is goals which win games and the current squad is lacking two 20 goal a season men.

Gahgan used to give the team that - but is now scoring at Witton and Hickey was on course but opted for pastures new - and not scored for Skem.

Chris Thompson should give the team 20 goals but never been fit and a confident Salmon would if he got enough games but getting on a bit now.

If the club want any chance of making the play offs the board and the manager will have to bite the bullet and some how bring in a goal scorer now - but in reality the good ones will all be banging them in at their current clubs and be in the play off places.

Only other option give one of the kids who knows where the back of the net is a chance.

But two 20 goal a season men are need for next season for sure!

I think it is fair to say Warrington have had an up and down season, some good games, some bad and some mediocre.

Ultimately it is goals which win games and the current squad is lacking two 20 goal a season men.

Gahgan used to give the team that - but is now scoring at Witton and Hickey was on course but opted for pastures new - and not scored for Skem.

Chris Thompson should give the team 20 goals but never been fit and a confident Salmon would if he got enough games but getting on a bit now.

If the club want any chance of making the play offs the board and the manager will have to bite the bullet and some how bring in a goal scorer now - but in reality the good ones will all be banging them in at their current clubs and be in the play off places.

Only other option give one of the kids who knows where the back of the net is a chance.

But two 20 goal a season men are need for next season for sure!

Players obviously don't want to stay at the club and leave for better things. Thats down to two things and its either they won't play for the manager and he and/or the board can't bring players in

"Players obviously don't want to stay at the club and leave for better things. Thats down to two things and its either they won't play for the manager and he and/or the board can't bring players in"

You have forgotten what seems to be the most persuasive reason to stay at a club, money, and unfortunately town are not in a position to offer players the silly money that some other clubs appear to offer.

If you know any rich Arab Princes or Russian Oligarchs I am sure Gary would like to hear from you.

"Players obviously don't want to stay at the club and leave for better things. Thats down to two things and its either they won't play for the manager and he and/or the board can't bring players in"

You have forgotten what seems to be the most persuasive reason to stay at a club, money, and unfortunately town are not in a position to offer players the silly money that some other clubs appear to offer.

If you know any rich Arab Princes or Russian Oligarchs I am sure Gary would like to hear from you.

So can you explain then why teams that pay less money are above us in the league?

I disagree that Chris T is a 20 goal a season striker. He plays in the proverbial hole behind the front men, comes deep, collects and distributes. He isnt an out and out striker although will get goals because he knows where to be and when. He appears to me to be a footballer who relies on reading of the game. We have two good wingers with pace and we fail to utilize them as much as they could. 1 defeat since the new year a crisis does not make.