OXI -

observer

What would they do in the winter, no olives and no tourists :wink:

Just what they used to do - and just what ANYONE who works in agriculture or tourism ANYWHERE in the world does - work long hard hours through the summer, have their own holidays/do building and maintenance work/take it a bit easier in the winter.

It's the EU's maximum working week which has made it impossible for a family run farm, hotel or taverna to work in the way which fits with the nature of a seasonal business and allows people to legally work in way they have done perfectly happily for generations.

By the way, the olive harvest, preserving and pressing in Greece runs from November to March - sounds like the winters are sorted for olive farmers Lt. :wink::wink::wink:

They are only bankrupt Asp, as they fixed their figures to get into the euro :wink:

So where was the EU's due diligence????

Or was it just a part of the EU-imperialistic expansion at all costs policy?

Bankruptcy is a bit meaningless really when you're capable of being self-sufficient and your debts are un-secured isn't it. I mean, Merkle can hardly send in the stormtroopers to repossess the infrastructure can she? That didn't end well for the Germans the last couple of times they tried it!

Have we? I don't think so!!!!!

I spent time in Greece well before the euro, and I've spent plenty of time there since. The people used to be happy, self-reliant and optimistic. In recent years they have become far more pessimistic and far, FAR poorer - as a direct result of all the EU red tape their businesses have been strangled with, the huge price rises they've faced due to the euro, and the tailing off of trade they've seen as a result of having to pass their increased costs on to customers while their Turkish neighbours haven't had to.

One thing I think we HAVE established Lt, is that you obviously don't have a clue about the difference between a free market and an EU super-state. You use the two terms as if they were equivalent and interchangable. Or, maybe you just deliberately use whichever one you feel least exposes your EU propaganda and lies.

THEY ARE NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE, THE SAME THING!!!!

Like us, Greece entered a Common Market but have ended up having their domestic laws made by, and being dictated to by, a foreign government.

The Greeks and the Brits both have long and proud histories of NOT bending the knee to foreign dictatorships!!!!

Shows how much you know about the Greeks, I think you will find Lord Byron helped to free the Greeks, not such a long history of not bending the knee to foreigners.

The rest of your rant is standard anti European fair.

I would have thought that someone with a a degree would not so easily have fallen to the right wing presses propaganda.

Then again :wink: