WMDC - Indy Launches Major new Website

indy

I'm pleased to be able to confirm that last Friday i completed the acquistion of a leading website and became the new owner of one of the world's leading metal detecting and history sites WMDC (World Metal detecting Community. I have spent the last week totally redesigning the site and am pleased to be able to say that the site is now relaunched. Already membership stands at 1200 and rising daily.

The website address is: www.detectorcommunity.ning.com please feel free to visit and take a look around !!

My link

post-20-0-17722000-1312493550_thumb.jpg

Wow... fantastic website Indy and very well done. Impressive stuff all round.:D

There are so many interesteing pictures and video's on there and I wish you hadn't mentioned it as I'll be looking at it all all the time and wont get anything else done :unsure::wink:

Iv'e now even just had someone who has signed up to the site asking if he can make a donation towards the costs of running it ? wow

Glad you like the site, plenty more work to be done but its getting there ... feel free to subscribe as it costs nothing and is updated hour by hour ...

I've just been on again and I'm only upto page 20 of the photo's.

But can I ask a silly question Indy (as usual from me).

Obvioulsy a lot of the things found are made from all sorts of different metals etc so do you have to set your metal detector to look for one specific type at a time ? If so do you then go over the same area with it set to another setting blah blah.

Also there are some pottery pieces on there so do you all come across these by accident as you are unearthing other finds?

What's the cheapest metal detector I could buy that is half decent and good for a less able starter... I WANT ONE as it must be great fun and it's my birthsay in a week :D

You've also reminded me that we have a tin of finds in the loft somewhere from when our son was only about 6 and he went round Delamere with his Tory-R-Us metal detector. He mainly found buried coke cans but a few other little bits and bobs too which he thought were treasures (or so my mum told him) and so they packed them safely in a tin for safe keeping. I can't even remember what's in it now :lol: He also found about £7 in loose change on Llandudno beach. Like Harry would say... 'happy days' :D

I've just been on again and I'm only upto page 20 of the photo's.

But can I ask a silly question Indy (as usual from me).

Obvioulsy a lot of the things found are made from all sorts of different metals etc so do you have to set your metal detector to look for one specific type at a time ? If so do you then go over the same area with it set to another setting blah blah.

Also there are some pottery pieces on there so do you all come across these by accident as you are unearthing other finds?

What's the cheapest metal detector I could buy that is half decent and good for a less able starter... I WANT ONE as it must be great fun and it's my birthsay in a week :D

You've also reminded me that we have a tin of finds in the loft somewhere from when our son was only about 6 and he went round Delamere with his Tory-R-Us metal detector. He mainly found buried coke cans but a few other little bits and bobs too which he thought were treasures (or so my mum told him) and so they packed them safely in a tin for safe keeping. I can't even remember what's in it now :lol: He also found about £7 in loose change on Llandudno beach. Like Harry would say... 'happy days' :D

Hi Dizzy, most machines pick up all metals and are fitted with discriminators so as you can tell it not to pick up iron or aluminium drink cans etc. With many years of experience it is possible to get a good idea of what is found even before digging it out of the ground, as for what machine & costs to buy simply click po any of the adverts on my site of sellers, the best is probably the CScope one !!!

pottery and flint tools etc are found on the surface normally after ploughing