Clay Pigeon Shooting over Rixton Moss!!

Geoffrey Settle

What do you guys think about a proposed Clay Pigoen Shoot complex between the Nature Reserves of Risely and Rixton Mosses?

I met a farmer today who told me that all the farmers in the area are not happy at the prospect.

On the way to his farm to buy my fruit and veg I saw for the first time a pair of Buzzards. They have only recently settled in the area over the last year or so and look very well.

Mr Buzzard was sat on a high lost and watched me as I approached, I stooped my car and got out to take a closer look, he flew off to the tall trees in the distance where he was joined by his mate as they soared high in the sky.

As I approached the farm down the track swallows dived in front of me and other species came to play.

This and much more will be put at risk if such a development takes place, especially if corporate events take off.Speaking of which they also have to avoid the flight path of Warrington's light aicraft field which is next to the farm and alongside on of my footpaths that I look after as a Path Warden for Woolston and Rixton Parish. There are four or five aircraft in a green shed alongside the M6 just near to Thelwall Viaduct.

These mosses are home to so much wildlife that is under threat. Most of the birds return every year for the rich environment that is being destroyed eleswhere.

Warrington must look after what it has before it is too late, at the moment then the Buzzard is keeping a look out.

buzzard.jpg

We saw a buzzard over this way the other week Iguess it must have been one of 'yours' Geoff. What a fantastic sight to see it soaring over the rooftops.

Now clay pigeon shooting is great fun and very loud ... SO SURELY NOT NEXT TO A NATURE RESERVE WHERE IT WOULD CLEARLY AFFECT WILDLIFE, OTHER ANIMALS OR NEARBY FARMS ETC.

Wasn't there talk some time ago about one going near Moore Nature Reserve ? maybe I've got the two confused but my aunty lives over near Moore NR which is why I seem remember it.

We saw a buzzard over this way the other week Iguess it must have been one of 'yours' Geoff. What a fantastic sight to see it soaring over the rooftops.

Now clay pigeon shooting is great fun and very loud ... SO SURELY NOT NEXT TO A NATURE RESERVE WHERE IT WOULD CLEARLY AFFECT WILDLIFE, OTHER ANIMALS OR NEARBY FARMS ETC.

Wasn't there talk some time ago about one going near Moore Nature Reserve ? maybe I've got the two confused but my aunty lives over near Moore NR which is why I seem remember it.

NO Dizzy it's the same one. :rolleyes:

Eh since when was Moore Nature Reserve near Risley and Rizton Mosses ? Guess you will tell me to 'get out more' again now :unsure:

As the crow flies - :| .

No the talk was of a model aircraft club relocating from Gatewarth to be near Moore Nature Reserve.

Went back to the farm next door this afternoon to get some compost and there are buaaards and kestrels as well as swifts, swallows, pipers, plus the odd owl etc the area is rich in food at this time of the year.