A Question for Harry Hayes.....

Bazj

Harry, the photo below is of my Uncle Jim Ward..... I was quite young when he died and although I remember him as a lovely chap who was always full of fun, there is no one else left who can really tell me, but is that a Police uniform he is wearing??

He is number 612..... Also, if it is a police uniform, is it Warrington or local?

Thanks

n3253d.jpg

Certainly looks like a police uniform pre about 1960 - although the cap

badge worries me, as they are usually a bit bigger for regulars.

Definitely not Warrington with a number like that Probably a city force, although I wouldn't rule out railway police. If I had to bet, I would suggest special constabulary.

Best wishes Happy days

I have some pretty nifty photo enhancing software so I was able to read the cap badge inscription: there's a blue background with a circle of yellow stars, inside of which reads the legend...."EUROCOP". :|

:D

Certainly looks like a police uniform pre about 1960 - although the cap

badge worries me, as they are usually a bit bigger for regulars.

Definitely not Warrington with a number like that Probably a city force, although I wouldn't rule out railway police. If I had to bet, I would suggest special constabulary.

Best wishes Happy days

Thanks Harry....

I am meeting up with a relative who is 88 and was Jims nephew so I may get a bit more information then!!