Dizzy, computer wizard

Victor

After upgrading to BT Infinity a couple of weeks ago, I also downloaded NetProtect plus from BT as a free antivirus and firewall application. When I did my first full scan I was amazed to find that it had only scanned about 25% of my computer in 4 hours. I sent an email to BT asking if this was normal.

A support person rang me and said that a full scan should only take about 2 hours. He took control of my computer (with my permission) and after a lot of checking and testing said that the problem was due to residual files left, after I had uninstalled AVG 2011 antivirus. He tried for well over an hour to get rid of these files with all types of uninstaller programs but failed. He was extemely helpful but in the end he said that I should contact AVG or let a local computer technician have a go.

I contacted Dizzy, told her about the problem................a couple of downloads later, SORTED !!!!!

What a Wizard

Victor hasn't received my bill yet which is charged at double rate for telephone support plus 20% for OAPS's and a further 10% for my patience with him.

...less 50% for being my forum guinea pig today :lol:

Others are fine Victor as they are all nice .. but you two may now find yourself on my ignored list :P

PS why aren't you out watching Toy Story 3 in the park... in the rain ... with your mack on and flask of bovril and yer pipe :lol::P