Wildlife in Warrington

fugtifino

Stuff you see in your garden or on your travels. Prompted to start this thread 'cos I've just seen a pair of these in the grounds of my workplace:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/w/waxwing/index.aspx

Not very common around here apparently.

There were reports some time ago of an otter sighting in Glazebrook, anyone seen it?

Though I had seen something similar when I opened the link but the bird I saw was only the size of a sparrow not a starling.

Definately not seen one of those but will keep an eye out as ine would look lovely in a bird cage :wink::lol:

About four years ago in late winter we had a flock of around 30-40 Waxwings in the large trees in Bellhouse Lane grappenhall, they eventuall roosted in a Crab apple tree in my garden and proceeded to gorge themselves on the fruit, as usual by the time I managed to get my camera they had flown, not spotted any since.

• 3 months later...

awww it's so cute... are they not wild birds then?

As for your waxwing I remember someone else posting on here about seeing one last year but I can't remember who it was or when it was. It might have been Geoff S.