Why Doesnt Jon Barton the Groundman Get Paid?

Barmy_army

why do all the board member and players and staff of the club get payed but jon doesnt??

i bet jon works more in a week at the club than they do in a month!!

me and jon was there today from 9.00 till 3.30 all unpaided work cutting the pitch what look brilliant now and weeding all around the ground

why for the club so why doesnt he get paid ?

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS !!!!!!!!!!! :idea:

I can't give an official answer, but as I understand things, it has always been a job done by volunteers because the club hasn't had the money to be able to pay anyone.

Hopefully, as the club becomes more successful and the attendance numbers increase, money might be available to pay the groundsman.

As for the staff, I believe that Joey gets a set amount each season to get players and pay them.

The board DO NOT get paid. They PAY into the club to keep it going, and that has been thousands of their own money.

Improvements cost money, and that is why the Supporter's Club make donations to help the club move forward. Each season improvements are being made, but it is a marathon, not a sprint.

Have a word with some of the board, they can explain better than I can.

What on earth gives you the impression the board members get paid?

We are all volunteers who actually put our own time, effort and money into the club.

We appreciate all the hard work put in by volunteers as we all work as a team to give Warrington a football team we can be proud of.

Firstly well done matt, great work put in at the ground.

Secondly, the board don't get paid as they use there money to buy, run and improve the club. Lets face it they have enough money already if they can afford a football club :)

The board will make there profit once the club has improved, gone higher up in the leagues and a potential millionaire will see a club worth buying to take it to the next level.

Its amazing to think even football at our level is still revolved around Business!!

Matt - you suggest a small payment but nothing can pay as high as gaining respect! and every time you help, do your bit people will respect you around the club and reward you for your efforts in the coming months.

The board will make there profit once the club has improved, gone higher up in the leagues and a potential millionaire will see a club worth buying to take it to the next level.

Its amazing to think even football at our level is still revolved around Business!!

:roll:

Alright chaps,

Just want to thank everybody for the hard work that has gone, and is still going, into the place over the off season. There are too many people to thank and rather than do it individually and miss someone by mistake i will thank you, on behalf of the lads, collectively.

Speaking to John about the pitch after Tuesdays game i realise it is a really hard surface to get perfect but all the hard work that has gone one, and will probably still go on, has not gone unoticed and John is a vital part of the Warrington Town family.

As i have stated before the club is run the right way and heading in the right direction and stability is the key for the club.

Well done everyone - I hope we can repay you with our efforts this season

Up the Town

Tomo

i dont exspect to get paid.i enjoy what i do and like gary said .none of the board do,we all want the same thing success for the club,one day at a time boys.i no i put a lot of time at the pitch,and so do the board ,but they do it behind the scenes.a lot of work is done what people dont see.

would you mow my lawn as well as the town pitch ? :wink:

Alright chaps,

Just want to thank everybody for the hard work that has gone, and is still going, into the place over the off season. There are too many people to thank and rather than do it individually and miss someone by mistake i will thank you, on behalf of the lads, collectively.

Speaking to John about the pitch after Tuesdays game i realise it is a really hard surface to get perfect but all the hard work that has gone one, and will probably still go on, has not gone unoticed and John is a vital part of the Warrington Town family.

As i have stated before the club is run the right way and heading in the right direction and stability is the key for the club.

Well done everyone - I hope we can repay you with our efforts this season

Up the Town

Tomo

Well said Tomo, wishing you and the lads good luck for this coming season, lets hope we can celebrate something come next may. Do something to emulate the wolves current success and its a long time coming :lol: