Dying in harness?

observer

..... the average life expectancy for a contract sparky was 56 when I was doing it......

Why was that :shock:

Should I be talking my son out of his 'chosen' career path... please :wink::?

It was just the stats at the time Dizz. I got out and ended up working for myself.... a bit easier to handle!

I'm 60, and will be grafting for years to come, am I strange??.

In my wallet (for photo ID & proof of age for buying glue & scissors etc) I have my over 60's bus pass, and a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification !!

Next month I start a 13 week training course at - HMS Raleigh the Royal Navy training establishment Nr Plymouth, - then off to sea with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary Service traveling the world replenishing RN & NATO warships. RFA jobs are open to anyone from 16 yrs They get approx 4,000 applications per annum for 200 jobs so to get accepted at aged 60 feels good.

Fortunately I have just got time to see Wolves at Wembley before I head to Plymouth . :lol:

I shall have to work until 64 before I receive my State Pension due to the graduating age rise for women. If I am healthy enough then I won't complain, but many people in physical jobs won't be able to work past the retirement age they were expecting, but neither will they be able to afford to retire without a pension. What happens to them?

I have first hand experience of the poor writing abilities of many young people and I am not surprised when employers choose not to employ them. Written communication is still relevant in business either by letter or email, with accuracy and clarity of meaning being essential.