Sunday V Featherstone.

Obviously we'll win this one but should we be resting anybody ???

Personally I'd give Morley, Monaghan and Wood a rest and if fit i think it would be a good game to ease Mr Briers back in... I'm expecting Carvell to be out so bringing back Mitchell, Mcarthey and Blythe would probably be the norm.. It'll give Wood and Morley a week off who i think deserve it and Monas would get that extra week rest to recover from his injury as he'll be needed at full strength for the games afterwards.

Personally I'd give Morley, Monaghan and Wood a rest and if fit i think it would be a good game to ease Mr Briers back in... I'm expecting Carvell to be out so bringing back Mitchell, Mcarthey and Blythe would probably be the norm.. It'll give Wood and Morley a week off who i think deserve it and Monas would get that extra week rest to recover from his injury as he'll be needed at full strength for the games afterwards.

All the latest team news here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/7775/1/Key-players-to-miss-Wolves-cup-clash/Page1.html

Nice to see you posting on here! :wink::D

All the latest team news here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/7775/1/Key-players-to-miss-Wolves-cup-clash/Page1.html

Nice to see you posting on here! :wink::D

Expected Morley, Monas and Carvell to miss out... Briers must not be 100% yet or he wants him to have the extra week to make sure.... We don't really need to be taking unnecessary risks on Sunday, no disrespect to Featherstone but we should win this with basic rugby.

No problem Gary, happy posting :)

Im all for Cooper coming back - however with no disrespect to Fev as we are playing them this week I would have like Smithy to play a young prop that may not have been in the first team a lot or ever... This is also to leave Cooper at Castleford where I think he is doing quite well.

Although if Carvell is definately out for longer than this week and Cooper is now more plans for the next month or 2 then an extra game against lower league opposition isnt going to hurt him is it...

I'd like to see the following team (excuse me if i've overlooked any injuries)

Mathers

Riley

Atkins

King

Hicks

Bridge (or swap with Grix)

Myler

Wood

Higham

Westwood

L Anderson

Harrison

Grix (or swap with Bridge)

Subs

Cooper

Neal

Solamona

One from Mitchell, Mccarthy and Blythe

That's assuming Briers, Monas and Morley are all out

Thoughts on todays game ????

Job done for me, we wasn't the best in attack and wasn't the best in defence but as i said early in this topic we only needed to perform at 70% to win... No disrespect to Featherstone but we were never gonna lose the game but all credit to them for putting in the effort, probably a game not to take to seriously in terms of performance as ultimately we got what we came for and that was a spot in the next round.

Can i just add i was impressed by there number 6 who i think has a great kicking game and shown some real good plays.

Yeah I was impressed also with there No.6, I noticed they made 3 substitutions too about 15 - 20 mins into the game one being there No.7, after they came on they seemed to lift the game.

We did enough today and got the win we needed, I thought Myler had one of his better games today and Atkins was very quiet I forgot he was playing.

The No. 6 is a lad called Kyle Briggs whose Dad Karl played for Halifax, Salford and Gateshead. Kyle played his junior rugby at Leeds and was at Doncaster last year. I think that any SL Club looking for a promising stand off need look no further than him. He was outstanding yesterday.

I was going to suggest we look at signing him up but with me not knowing his age or much about him i wasn't to sure... He does look like a real talent though and he has a kicking game that at the moment Warrington can only dream about.

Wasn't it much better without those annoying bleeding drummers :lol:

We never got out of second gear and we own. Yes there are things to learn from the game, but I'm not worrying just yet.

I do believe that a few times this year we haven't played to our full potential, but have done what mattered and got the win. That can only be a good thing, as we still have a lot more in the bag