Challenge Cup final

milly

All that exciting build up - first one back in Wembley; sold out; first French team' and it was boring, boring, boring!

The BBC coverage was abysmal. Only the BBC could make a stadium with 84,000 people in sound

like the local library! The camera shots were poor and the commentary..............oh dear! At the end they couldn't wait to get onto the football, and although the Y7s final received a mention the other finals didn't. Warrington had three teams in the finals that were played on Friday. There were also Volunteer awards presented at half time - no mention of that either.

I hope that when the supporters that went come back they will report on a fantastic stadium and a brilliant atmosphere.

The only 'good' thing is that Saints didn't rack up a cricket score.

Originally posted by milly:

...the Y7s final received a mention the other finals didn't. Warrington had three teams in the finals that were played on Friday.

Milly, I hope the teams get some coverage in the local media. I know one of the schools was from Gt Sankey because my son was helping out but where were the other two from?

Well I was at Wembley sat in the West stand and what a brill day I had!!! I was one of the very few cheering for the Catalans...not like it did much good :roll: But I must say I would hate to play for a team like Saints with the type of supporters they have. They just didn't seem to make any noise and I know because I was sat in between them all!!! I could't hear singing and only cheering when they scored...and this was minimal. They also had miserable faces after the game where the very few Catalan fans were singing, smiling and jumping about both during and after the game. Anyone would think that the Dragons had won.

My friend taped the game bit I haven't watched it yet so I am not sure how it translated to TV. Never beats being there in person though :biggrinbounce:

[ 26.08.2007, 11:11: Message edited by: sadako ]

Geoff,

I think one of the other teams were from Newman high but not sure about the other one. My mum and her friend (who were both wearing Warrington shirts for the game)were stood outside the pub when their coach drove past with one of schools. All the girls waved at us knowing we were Warrington supporters which was nice.

Their awards wern't given out at half-time. It was before the game which is why they probably didn't bother to mention it...I think. I know all the schools walked around the pitch before kickoff.

[ 26.08.2007, 11:18: Message edited by: sadako ]

The Beeb's coverage will alway be second rate so long as they persist in using the Pensioner and the Welsh Whine as their commentary team. The pair of them are absolutely useless.

The other useless participant was the clown with the yellow flag; he saw the blatant forward pass just before half time and bottled it.

Warrington schools had mixed fortunes at the finals at RAF Uxbridge yesterday.

Great Sankey Y10 boys just lost out to Wigan's St John Fisher, losing 18-19.

Jodie Cunningham scored a hat trick as Cardinal Newman Y10 girls beat All Saints 16-20.

Cardinal Newman Y8 girls lost 4-0 in a game dominated by two outstanding defences.

Well done to all three teams.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/home/news_item_top.php?id=251

Cheers Milly a good write up for the teams.

My son told me that the girls played awesome rugby with no quarter given. So well done to them. :)

Unfortunately the lads came so close. :(

But nevertheless all three teams had a great experience and were a credit to the Town :D

[ 27.08.2007, 21:10: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]