Naylors Timber Yard at Walton.

Peter T

Swans, ducks, foxes - they and their habitat are supposed to have more protection than us poor humans - under the 2006 Natural Environment and Rural Commuinties (NERC) Act ALL Local Authorities have a Biodiversity Duty related to all their functions (including planning) but Borough Councils are interpreting the Act to suit themselves and I would guess there are many Councillors who don't know what Biodiversity is.

Well..... the bit at the back of the Old Walton Locks seems to have been cleared tonight.... it was all on fire just over half an hour ago. :shock:

10/10 for the quick response of the local fire brigade who put the huge flames out very quickly.

Poor ducks were being a bit vocal though :?

• 4 weeks later...

Planning Appoval has now been given for the building of the 72 bed residential care home on the corner of Gainsborough Road :?

Not sure it's the best place for such a development though but as there is a desperate need for care homes for the elderly, and most other pieves of land have been turned over to developers for yuppy flats and the like, then I guess anywhere is better than nowhere :?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well 4 months later.........

Noticed the first new residents of the Walton Locks Housing development have now moved into the completed houses ie the ones right on Chester Road near the entrance and sales office. How quick was that then.

Slightly bad move by the developers though as three times in the last week I have seen the groups of young looking residents sat out in their small front gardens watching the world go by with their cigs in one hand and cans of 'stella' in the other. :shock::lol::lol:

Now would you go and enquire at the sales office about living there :lol::lol:

They could invite Chris to join them.

I still think they made a bad decision not putting light there and on Taylor St. I can see quite a few accidents born out of frustration occurring there.

How much are they going for? Those on the front are in a goldfish bowl. :roll: