EUSSR accounts

asperity

A question from Lord Pearson of Rannoch and HMG's response:

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether the European Union's Court of Auditors has been able to ratify the European Union's accounts for the past 14 years; and, if not, why the European Union is permitted to propose regulation for the City of London. [HL4086]

The Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury (Lord Myners): The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has regularly given a positive statement of assurance on the reliability of the EC accounts. The UK Government are pleased that, for the first time, the ECA's report on the 2007 EC Budget gives an unqualified positive statement of assurance on these accounts.

It is disappointing that for the 14th year in succession the ECA was unable to give a positive opinion on the legality and regularity of the underlying transactions for the majority of EC Budget expenditure. Nevertheless, it is encouraging that the percentage of Budget expenditure that has been given a positive opinion has been increasing, currently 40 per cent, up from 35 per cent in 2005 and only 6 per cent in 2003.

Under the treaty the Commission proposes draft legislation for the single market in financial services which applies to the City and financial institutions across Europe.

So that's O.K. then. :roll::roll:

What have the financial dealings of private individuals got to do with the inability of politicians to account for the money they have taken from us, the taxpayers? I get the feeling that you are trying to create a smokescreen around yor beloved EUSSR LtKije. :roll::roll::roll:

Not at all Asperity, I just wish you would look closer to home and clean our back yard before looking further afield.

I think if you do you will find them to be in a mess, and not just the Tory party either, I'm just countering your anti Eu agenda. :lol:

As a Tory supporter do you not think we should know if he is flouting the rules :?:

Not at all Asperity, I just wish you would look closer to home and clean our back yard before looking further afield.

I think if you do you will find them to be in a mess, and not just the Tory party either, I'm just countering your anti Eu agenda. :lol:

As a Tory supporter do you not think we should know if he is flouting the rules :?:

a. Why do you want ME to clean our(?) back yard.

b. Party finances are not (yet) a matter for the taxpayer to worry about (but will be if the plans for political parties to be funded by the taxpayers come to fruition). They all receive funding from private individuals. I will not deny that I'm totally against the EUSSR. It isn't the arrangement that we were led to believe it was when we were last invited to vote in a referendum on it.

c. I'm not a Tory supporter, I'm not a member of any political party or organisation, and also I've no idea who you are alluding to as you haven't actually bothered to mention his name!

Have a wee think before you reply - it may help :roll::roll::roll:

Not a Tory supporter :shock:

Well your not green :wink:

You are not a lover of the left :wink:

And you are about as Liberal as Attila the Hun :wink:

:lol::lol:

Party finances, Should we not know who finances our political parties and if they have anything to gain. Lord Ashcroft the Tory parties biggest donor can not make his mind up where he is living, and does he pay tax :wink:

I wont bother with your last comment as its your usual pap :roll:

Not a Tory supporter :shock:

Well your not green :wink:

You are not a lover of the left :wink:

And you are about as Liberal as Attila the Hun :wink:

:lol::lol:

Party finances, Should we not know who finances our political parties and if they have anything to gain. Lord Ashcroft the Tory parties biggest donor can not make his mind up where he is living, and does he pay tax :wink:

I wont bother with your last comment as its your usual pap :roll:

Correct, I'm not "GREEN"

Correct, I'm not a lover of the left and I think Attilla the Hun was a bit of a Pink Pansy.

As usual LtKije, you avoid the nub of the question which was what has the finances of the Conservative party (from private sources whoever they may be) got to do with the outright theft of taxpayers money by the EUSSR.

Oh yes, I am very much against the so called Economic Community.

I am not a Conservative Party member, in fact I don't like their policies, their leader or, in fact many of their supporters. To be honest I despair the way the whole continent of Europe is headed and I believe I'm not alone in that despair. There are millions of people in Europe who have come to realise they have been disenfranchised and lied to over the years. This is true of the whole world.

Have a look at www.zeitgeist.com think about it, and then let us know.

I'm not holding my breath in your case. :roll:

Obs any time you want to have a conversation about Power and the movement of I'm your man.Ben Nevis might be good for energy for people who live in Fort William thats about it, Not much good for people living in Norwich. The further you move power down the cables the more power you loose.

What do you want me to look at on zeitgeist its a big site and I am using my phone at the moment

Nope - hydro is merely one component in a network of assets that would feed the grid (coal fired stations/ tidal/wind/wave etc); ultimately allowing energy self sufficiency: this, coupled with demand reduction strategies (free home insulation etc); would negate dependence on foreign suppliers. :roll:

I have not got a problem with anything you said Obs, But in the UK it would have to be coal or nuclear, we are never going to generate enough power with wind as we would need thousands and people don't want them in there back yard and tidal energy is only any good in limited places in the UK.

I also agree with you that the UK should be energy self sufficient, and own its own power stations. As everything we need for the defence of this nation should be made here.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not at all :wink: I have always thought the UK has sold its assets off to quickly especially its strategic ones, It would not be so bad if other countries did the same thing but they protect there's, rightly in my opiniun.

Can you ever see a day when a British company owns a French nuclear power station.