Newcastle

andygill

Glad you could make it. The result was disappointing but Newcastle will be easily be top if they win all their games in hand.

Only the second game this year and with a new manager and 4 new players, it might take a couple of weeks to settle down.

PS. I hope the shirt fits. :wink:

Glad you could make it. The result was disappointing but Newcastle will be easily be top if they win all their games in hand.

Only the second game this year and with a new manager and 4 new players, it might take a couple of weeks to settle down.

PS. I hope the shirt fits. :wink:

Hi Peter

Did I speak to you on Saturday (I spoke to so many people I have forgotten some names).

The shirt is great, unfortunately i'm now skint after buying the shirt along with a fleece, scarf and tie. After reading the programme I found out I should have joined the supporters club and the I would have got a discount on the stuff I bought !!

Positives from the day.

Non stop singing from the barmy army behind the goal.

Speaking to so many people who have a real passion for the club (Gary, Jerry and the Pieman to name a few.)

The bar (what a fantastic facility a real hidden gem).

Negatives from the day.

Only one really and we all know what it is.

Overall a great afternoon, i'll be back whenever Latics are away.

Cheers

Andy

There were quite a few new faces in the crowd on Saturday - and it was a real pleasure to meet you Andy and I hope we can find more fans like you! :D

Although the official gate was only 138, I don't think Newcastle brought any supporters - and to think they are heading for possible promotion and their last home game only attracted 48 supporters! :oops:

The next home game is on February 3rd on a Tuesday evening when we entertain Bamber Bridge - was a 3-3 thriller when we played there earlier in the season - so hopefully should be a more entertaining game.

Don't know what went wrong with our lads on Saturday but I am sure Joey Dunn will be doing his best to put things right - I expect a much approved performance in our next two games against Woodley Sports and Curzon as these are games we should be competing in and winning with the budget we have got in place.

Any way I hope those who have come along stick with us and come along to enjoy the occasion.

Full fixtures can be seen at

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/3102/1/Warrington-Town-FC-fixtures-amp-results-2008-09/Page1.html

Hope you can all make the Halifax game on the 14th of Feb - they will bring 300-400 fans as they are top of the league and were in the football leage just a few years back.

700-800 in Cantilever Park will be a cracking atmosphere.

I'll be there.

If you look at the average attendances

http://www.fansfocus.com/football/unibond/one/-attendances.php?comp=15

Town are second bottom, however with 700-800 for the Halifax game should move well into the top half.

Andy

I think you will find that all those who have had gates over 500 will have benefited from the Halifax bounce.

Pleasing to see that Town's gates have never dipped below three figures and like you say - we will fly up the table after the visit of Fax! :D

It has been suggested that the difference between the two matches played this year, was that the legs had gone with all the extra training. The team seem to be getting pre-season training, rather than slowly upping the regime to the standard required. Perhaps that is why they didn't reach the heights of the first game.