Brown draws laughs for "saving the world"

Mary

We have to be prepared to change, listen and vote for a strong experienced leader who will create the right economic climate in this ever changing world.

Would that be the same experienced leader who said that he had abolished boom & bust....well he's half way there I guess, he's abolished boom. :wink:

But it is interesting to note that just a few months ago people, even within his own party, were saying that he would be gone before Christmas, then along comes bust and his position is secured.....for the time being. Funny old world. :?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that I was taught by my economics lecturer was that the more your learn about economics the more you realise how much there still is to learn.

There are no simple solutions only new prolems to solve, it is not an exact science and very often an art.

Yes there were some folk who didn't want Gordon to stay but I bet that they are glad he remained to chart the way forward and be there ready to tackle the next challenge.

The man is steady as a rock maybe that's what the Tories don't like about him they are finding standing head and shoulders about the DO NOTHING Cameron and the God what a lots of losers I've got working for me Cleg.

There are no simple solutions only new prolems to solve, it is not an exact science and very often an art.

What "new" problems?

Politicians never learn from the past and the public remain as gullible as ever.

There are NO experienced MP's. They got put out to grass by the upstarts who thought that they knew best.

:roll:

And then of course, you have the yuppies who think every headline is new and must be supported.

What "new" problems? - when you deliver change whether it be political, economic, business etc you always create problems for someone else somewhere - helping the banks which in my view was necessary, caused the problem of the money being in the system but not necessarily flowing in the direction that was expected.

Politicians never learn from the past - not always but those that don't are quite often removed - and the public remain as gullible as ever. - does that include YOU and the rest of the posters?

There are NO experienced MP's. - depends on how you define experienced - Does one year in the job count?, being a minister for several years count? - an MP for over TEN years - what about relevant experience gained prior to the job - using your logic NO politician currently siiting of all parties have any experience whatsoever.

They got put out to grass by the upstarts who thought that they knew best. - Didn't you once think that you knew more than your BOSS or didn't you have the gumption? The definition of an aspiring upstart is that they think that they can do the job - once they are in they will realise what they have taken on and the fact that the bug stops with them - they then have to prove themselves. No one has the right to stay in a job and should be challenged by these so called upstarts otherwise we'd be left with the old wood - as to when the upstarts take over depends on the competition.

And then of course, you have the yuppies who think every headline is new and must be supported. - so what maybe in an other age that may be called loyalty? So What?

Geoff.

1.Tampering or change for changes sake, aka re-inventing the wheel.

They keep creating departments and employing more civil servants who will want pensions.

2.Or in the case of Nu-Lab, they are brought back for SCREW-UP 2.

The only gullible poster is the blind follower of this Government, and those who don't have a mind of their own.

3. They used to be called statesmen, and learned their trade over many years.(at least 30)

4.So you are saying that Blair, Cameron, ans Clegg know more about running the country and Brown the world, than their "over 50" MP's of earlier times?

5.Not loyalty, but sticking with tried and tested methods that need updating, NOT replacing.

But do have a Happy Christmas, and a better New Year. :wink:

Geoff.

1.Tampering or change for changes sake, aka re-inventing the wheel.

They keep creating departments and employing more civil servants who will want pensions. - Urban MYTH

2.Or in the case of Nu-Lab, they are brought back for SCREW-UP 2.

The only gullible poster is the blind follower of this Government, and those who don't have a mind of their own. Wrong everyone is entitled to their own opinion - that's how change takes place - sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

3. They used to be called statesmen, and learned their trade over many years.(at least 30) NOT so

4.So you are saying that Blair, Cameron, ans Clegg know more about running the country and Brown the world, than their "over 50" MP's of earlier times? When has Clegg ever run anything apart from a raffle or running for a bus?

5.Not loyalty, but sticking with tried and tested methods that need updating, NOT replacing. - I take it you not a scientists then.

But do have a Happy Christmas, and a better New Year. - Better than what I always have a good year - I do wish you and yours a Very Happy Christmas and a Good 2009 :D:wink: