NHS App

Has anyone got the NHS App on their phone? My 74 year old mate who is registered blind asked me to put it on his phone because he had heard it might be a requirement for getting into a pub in the future. I went through all the hoops including entering his NHS number (which fortunately I'd obtained when I went through a series of hoops to get him his Covid vaccines). At the end though it said that he needed to prove who he was by getting confirmation from his GP's surgery. This will be a sticking point given that the reason I had to arrange the vaccinations for him was the complete lack of help he got from them - "It's nothing to do with us" was their response to his request for help.

Sorry I don't have the NHS App or the NHS Covid App.

These links may possibly be useful:

You say you are using the NHS App so I assume you know that is not the same as the NHS Covid app

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status when travelling abroad - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

NHS login - NHS (www.nhs.uk) - tells you the ways to get a login set up

Well we went through all the steps and got as far as proving his identity. As I say he's registered blind so anything more complicated than making or receiving phone calls on his mobile is beyond him. He has his vaccination card so he can use that if asked for proof.

1 hour ago, asperity said:

Well we went through all the steps and got as far as proving his identity. As I say he's registered blind so anything more complicated than making or receiving phone calls on his mobile is beyond him. He has his vaccination card so he can use that if asked for proof.

It sounds like helping him to get the vaccination letter might be a good idea. The whole process was supposed to avoid getting GPs involved and you don't then need him to operate anything on his phone. The article made it sound like the vaccination card was not the right document didn't  you think?

He wasn't asking his GP to do anything other than show him how to get the vaccination, but he got fobbed off with "it's nothing to do with us" which I think is reprehensible from so called "health care professionals" who are well aware that he is vulnerable due to his age and blindness. As it was I did some ringing around and managed to find the right department. To be fair the process was easy for him. He actually got a vaccination letter but, being blind, it might as well have been written in Urdu (come to think of it, it probably was!). There are always holes in the safety net it seems, and Mike seems very adept at slipping through them probably because he's an inoffensive guy who just wants to live his life quietly.