Grand Opening

Agamemnon1

The official opening of the new multi play area on Valiant Close , Padgate, takes place on Sunday 30th March. The Mayor will perform the oficial opening ceremony at 1-45 pm followed by a demonstration of Blackbrooks newly formed Cheerleaders The Blackbrook Angels.

There will be a footbal match between the local youth team and a combination team consisting of STiW wardens and local PCSO's. A Marching Band demonstration, Bouncy Castle and a Bar-B-Q.

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

Its been open for some time now Paul, This is the official opening :D

and (touch wood ) its still in pristine condition,

:D:D:D

Tha is good to hear. I'm really fed up with these really good facilities being created and then a small number of morons wrecking them, and spoiling it for those who really use and appreciate them as a valuable public resource for all to enjoy.

I really do think there should be an offence introduced, "crime against the community", for vandals and the like.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

Its been open for some time now Paul, This is the official opening :D

and (touch wood ) its still in pristine condition,

:D:D:D

I really do think there should be an offence introduced, "crime against the community", for vandals and the like.
I came up with that one ages ago when visiting some of my school customers and seeing what damage is actually caused by mindless feral youths to school property. I have a friend who has the ear of your shadow Home Secretary and he likes the idea too Paul....

The only issue which stands in its way is the good old human rights act because you can't try someone for the same crime (i.e. damage to a playground should be treated the same as damage to say a house) and therefore it cannot carry a greater sentence.

Personally tI think the crime against the community offence should be introduced and it should carry a minimum sentence of 5 years.

We have been to a school in Salford this week replacing a projector which was stolen, not only that they ripped out all of the cables and tried to steal the interactive whiteboard as well!! Thousands of pounds worth of damage and another claim on the insurance!

They caught the criminals but no news yet as to what cushy let off they get as "punishment"

So go for it Paul.... chase up DD and ghet this offence introduced with a huge punishment to go with it

On behalf of Blackbrook Community Association i would like to thank all the folk that attended yesterdays official opening of our multi sports area.

A special thanks goes to the STiW neighbourhood Wardens for their help throughout the day.

I would like to thank all the funders but i dont think i am allowed to name them on here.

A extra special thanks to the volunteers for all their hard work :D:D:D