A49 water shambles

wahl

What a shambles the a49 is turning out to be. After the mass of changes by Albany Park that resulted in traffic chaos  when exiting the park due to non road widening scheme, we now have utilities digging massive holes in the carriageway for the third or fourth time. Of course it is after the whole road had been resurfaced so goodness knows what a mess balfour beatty will leave it in.

Tonight the roundabout at Fordton was chaotic due to incompetent morons who stuck cones down to immobilise a lane without adequate warning or even common sense in the cone placements.

Why doers wbc let such morons cause traffic chaos?  What do the police do  nothing as usual

what a shambles  Anyone having a bump should sue the council.

Agreed, last week the traffic was all the way back to the M62 when I came home, have they not just finished resurfacing it?

Wonder when the next road works wil be Christmas.

What a shambles the a49 is turning out to be. After the mass of changes by Albany Park that resulted in traffic chaos  when exiting the park due to non road widening scheme, we now have utilities digging massive holes in the carriageway for the third or fourth time. Of course it is after the whole road had been resurfaced so goodness knows what a mess balfour beatty will leave it in.

what a shambles  Anyone having a bump should sue the council.

The road is wide enough to create two lanes going towards the A49 from the retail park, needs a person with some paint to sort it out.

However the lanes near the lights are stupidly designed in my opinion. There are two turning left but no point to that as traffic gets backed up, one lane for turning right and straight, it needs one lane to go left, one right one straight

I just park my car by the Skoda garage and walk across

• 2 weeks later...

Would a roundabout help ???

Agreed, last week the traffic was all the way back to the M62 when I came home, have they not just finished resurfacing it?

Wonder when the next road works wil be Christmas.

The road is wide enough to create two lanes going towards the A49 from the retail park, needs a person with some paint to sort it out.

However the lanes near the lights are stupidly designed in my opinion. There are two turning left but no point to that as traffic gets backed up, one lane for turning right and straight, it needs one lane to go left, one right one straight

I just park my car by the Skoda garage and walk across

Don't try Marsh House Lane; two holes, neatly coned off, automated traffic lights - and not a workman in sight for days !

In Portugal when they have road works you get a load of people working on them, you pass in the morning and there is a huge hole in the ground, there are trucks lined up as well as machinery. 12 hours later on your way home there is no sign of them, road resurfaced and everything.

probably because Portugal gets a load of money from the EU to cover infrastructure etc.... (I've lost count of the number of times I've driven through Europe and seen huge billboards stating how this project or that project is being funded by money from the EU..... never seen one in the UK though as we just give all of our money away to pay for the "poorer" members...

probably because Portugal gets a load of money from the EU to cover infrastructure etc.... (I've lost count of the number of times I've driven through Europe and seen huge billboards stating how this project or that project is being funded by money from the EU..... never seen one in the UK though as we just give all of our money away to pay for the "poorer" members...

They do for new projects but not for maintenance (although could be wrong).

Whether a project is done over 5 weeks or 5 days the same number of hours is needed to complete it, same number of lorries and so no. So apart from extra cost in project management the costs can not be so much grater. can it?

There are a few EU construction projects in Liverpool I am sure I have seen the sign