Should the burka be banned?

observer

Well I look forward to the cheshire set in Lymm having them at the top of the "must have items" this summer.

Don't forget to post a picture of you wearing one LP..... but then again you could post a picture of anyone who is wearing one because we wouldn't know would we??!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban the burka. Give the terrorists the chance to demonstrate that we single out Muslims for persecution. Alienate ordinary Muslim people by insisting that they all aspire to mass murder. Brilliant. That'll slow down recruitment, foster understanding and save lives. Well worth a few million quid to avoid 0.001% of the population wearing a hanky over their noses.

I thought you lot wanted out of the European Union's wasteful over-legislated, nannying approach? Now Brussels is your preferred leadership and the French are your role models? Bizarre development. :shock:

and one of the others could be a suicide bomber

I think people say things like that because of things like this:

"A former head of MI5 has accused the government of exploiting the fear of terrorism to restrict civil liberties."

"It would be better that the government recognised that there are risks, rather than frightening people in order to be able to pass laws which restrict civil liberties, precisely one of the objects of terrorism - that we live in fear and under a police state,"

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=2735

Apart from having nice food, they do occasionaly have some good ideas. Banning the burkha is one of them. Hopefully it will come over here, but with our toga wearing political classes; I doubt it. I live in hope though.

The burkha is unnecessary and should be banned. That is my opinion. You may have others, that is fine

Thank you

Apart from having nice food, they do occasionaly have some good ideas. Banning the burkha is one of them. Hopefully it will come over here, but with our toga wearing political classes; I doubt it. I live in hope though.

The burkha is unnecessary and should be banned. That is my opinion. You may have others, that is fine

Thank you

Has anybody wearing a Burkha ever had any diverse effect on your life, your families life or perhaps the life of anyone you know? Has anyone ever dressed in a burkha and committed a suicide bombing in this country? Why do you consider someones mode of dress as a badge of terrorism? I think if we take your advice and start to ban things which are deemed by anyone as "unnecessary" we will have anarchy on the streets in a day and rightly so. Are any clothes neccesary? if so which. Is your Mercedes neccessary? or your hair? or forums or ad infinitum????

Your wrong on this one mate so stop being daft. :D:D:D

No I'm not. Just because YOU think that you are right doesn't make me wrong....... I am entitled to my views regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

No I'm not. Just because YOU think that you are right doesn't make me wrong....... I am entitled to my views regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

And why are you entitled to your views???

For the record I dont think I'm right nor do I know if I am wrong, I have several reservations and a lack of actual hands on knowlege regarding this issue. I would be against men forcing women into wearing clothing they didnt wish to but I do not know that this is the case. You tell us that you are against "muslim men" forcing their wives to wear tyhe burkha but then you tell us you want to ban them from wearing it , even if they wish to. I may be confused but it beats being a hypocrite wouldn't you agree?

now now then.... is this the same PJ who; when we were younger, used to send his sister back upstairs to get changed because he didn't like what she was wearing to go out clubbing in???

Hypocrisy comes in many colours wouldn't you agree? :wink:

I wonder if some of the sights we can see in terms of modern western clothing (or rather lack of it) would be allowed in the streets of Mecca?

Wtf has that got to do with any laws that are made in the UK?

This really is poor stuff, obs.

When in Rome etc

I thought we'd done that one already.

Again.

is this the same PJ...

Sounds like a family oriented, community spirited and protective big brother to me, but if you'd rather he didn't give a toss, it says more about you than him, really.

So what did she finish up wearing - a burkha?!

Oh, my aching sides!!!!!!!!!!!

As we both know Baz, nobody had any real control over what my sister wore, she just used to wear her most scandalous gear in order to get her daft brother to stump up for new clothes. She wasn't daft

Methinks it's got everything to do with what laws are made in the UK

Why and how?

other countries apply their standards and culture in their own country

But this discussion is around whether we change those standards or not.

Do keep up.

As we both know Baz, nobody had any real control over what my sister wore, she just used to wear her most scandalous gear in order to get her daft brother to stump up for new clothes. She wasn't daft

This is true..... but I thought it was a good retort!! :lol:

"keep up"? I was five laps in front of you before we started! :lol: We have primitive religious practises being brought over here, and are being tolerated in the name of "diversity" = seperate development = self imposed aparthied = failiure to integrate= problematic social cohesion in the future: not rocket science. The Afghans have just passed a law allowing husbands to rape and beat their wives, so I guess in the name of diversity you'd accept an Afghan knocking his wife about in the middle of Bridge St?! I accept that our so-called culture of free expression, represents the other extreme, where "provocative" clothing appears acceptable, until it provokes. Common sense suggests that what is acceptable on a beach in Benidorm, may not be acceptable for working in the office, or shopping in Town - be it a burkha or a bikini. :wink: