the pink people

the taxi team

in this weeks guardian "pink ladies" have placed a advert (page 36). while i can not praise them enough for giving out some sound advice the females wanting to get home safe over the Christmas and new year period. i have a few concerns. the advert is Very misleading, they are telling you to phone WBC to check out a driver, vehicle or company, good advice but from one small point WBC cant check any details of a "pink ladies" vehicles or drivers as they are not licensed.

there advert forgets to say this and some people would think they are legal due to them placing the advert.i can 100% confirm they are not legal to use for people who are paying for that service. the drivers or vehicles are not licensed by WBC or any other council as private hire or taxis and there for you will not be insured as fare paying passengers.

the advice they give is good, and if you take there own advice you wont be using them at all.

what suprised me was that this so called "illegal" operator can take out an advert in the first place.

As a side note; if the pink ones are operating illegally and WBC or the police will do absolutely nothing about the situation, why don't you taxi lot take a private prosecution against them for illegal operating? or are things not quite as black and white as everyone likes to make out?

• 1 month later...
nothing will be done as to many back handers are given out.

Now that is quite a serious accusation there TD. Do you have proof of back handers?

What gets me though is how could a twice bankrupt company (at least I think it is twice) would have any money left to give out back handers in the first place and why if they are only such a small company with a small target audience would they bother? It would be cheaper to go bust again! :lol:

baz says

Now that is quite a serious accusation there TD. Do you have proof of back handers?

yes I do so you not read the posts and the local papers in warringtion over the years FACT baz so the Answer to your question Yea

you say baz they would have not any money left to give out back handers in the first place .

they have to bankrupt 3 times and start up again so there is money there